• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Here's the professional shots that the architect did for their website. And for those of you who have been patient you can finally see what the golf tees are for: HERE
  3. Ive purchased the three vac'd veg boxes above. Ive tried the Mediterranean pack and found the artichokes OK , and the rest mushy and flavorless. the pack says the veg are in EVVO , but the oil is completely tasteless to me the Tapas artichoke 1/2's were better , simply because they were just artichokes. the oil is sunflower , and thus tasteless. I have not tried the tomatoes yet , but Im not optimistic .
  4. Not one you'll find in stores. It's from Annatolian Treasures. It's English Lavender - don't see it on their list anymore.
  5. Today
  6. It always seems exotic to me even now after more than one visit. I have never seen anything like the food they serve here served anywhere else. The portions are astronomically large and could probably be shared by a whole table but I appreciate the leftovers. They will keep me going for days.
  7. Ann_T

Dinner 2019

Now that is a great looking pizza. With my favourite topping too. I bet the rim was nice with lots of airy bubbles.
  8. blue_dolphin

New house, new kitchen

Beautiful! Looks like a bright and beautiful space to cook in.
  9. gulfporter

Lunch 2019

Lunch was brunch today, as we acclimate ourselves to Lisbon's time zone. Eggs benedict, but with a ham more similar to a Spanish serrano and a nice slice of a hearty Portuguese bread instead of the English muffin. Two definite improvements. Hollandaise was excellent and the orangest egg I've seen in awhile.
  10. Smithy

New house, new kitchen

@kayb, I'm thrilled for you! The kitchen looks beautiful: ready to move into, and all you'll need to do is decide where best to put things. Is that oven a Samsung, by any chance? If so, is it one of their dual-option ovens? That's what I have at home.
  11. Ann_T

Dinner 2019

@ElsieD do they still wax rutabagas in Ontario? @shain, love your dinner. So colourful. And those pita........ Not sure if this was a late lunch yesterday or an early dinner. Simple grilled sirloin burgers. Dinner Tuesday night Polenta with prime rib bones braised in the Breville PC. With rapini on the side. Love rapini, but it is only available in one or two stores here.
  12. Chocoguyin Pemby

Confections! What did we make? (2017 – )

That bark sounds delicious - I wish I had thought about making something for my examiner today - I have to drive 2 hours on my motorbike for a 15 minute skills test so I can get my learners license - 50 yrs old and I still get nervous - afterwards I am going to the Gourmet Warehouse for some therapy - What brand is the lavender oil? I might find it there and pick it up - and the lemon oil. And some molds. and some olive oil and........:)
  13. lindag

New house, new kitchen

Does the micro exhaust to the outside? I ask because it's something that is lacking in my kitchen.
  14. rotuts

Wine leftovers

@teonzo you have one vote here for @Duvel atavar come on people , chip in ! BTW a long long time ago , there were box wines from Chile that were dry , no oak sorts of things very inexpensive , table wine sort of stuff. I used to get them every time I passed the refrigerator I had to have a glass , just to make sure they were doing fine. got to be a sort of problem late in the day, they reformulated , thankfully , and added sugar to the dry ones. how I at least have to had enough coordination left to twist a top , or pull a cork ! and M.R. needs a certain skill set .....................
  15. liamsaunt

New house, new kitchen

That is a beautiful, spacious kitchen! Lots of storage space too. Is the floor wood or tile? When I remodeled my kitchen I put in wood-look tile. It sort of looks like yours but mine is a blue-gray color. It reminds me of the deck of a ship.
  16. Shelby

New house, new kitchen

Oh Kay it's STUNNING!!!! You will have such fun putzing around in there. I just LOVE it!
  17. Damon

Wine leftovers

Ok ... I like the way you are thinking. "But not usually from abandoned tables! ". Who is talking about customer leftovers. Only YOU and your dirty mind ! "Not so good wine" it's not necessary meaning bad wine. Forgive me for the idea of making a wine-based cocktail stirring two wines...I'm sure you have never hear about that. You are only drinking Cote de Nuits!
  18. shain

Dinner 2019

Wow, I'm really late on posting It's a busy holiday week This meal is from just before Passover eve. Masbaha and home made pita breads. Warm chard stalks in olive oil. This is half of the breads batch, the other half went to the freezer.
  19. This particular lavender oil is not totally overpowering - I think I used three drops to the 10 drops of lemon oil for about a kilo of white chocolate.
  20. Duvel

New Lays Potato Chip Flavors

New arrival in Hong King. Teawood is a popular chain of Taiwanese restaurants. The chips are flavoured with 5 spice, beef and Chili. They are very good ...
  21. What a delightful day it was! I take for granted sometimes that I live close enough that a visit with the OG Lunch Ladies is an easy day trip, and I aim to make it a more frequent occurrence. I am lucky to have @Kerry Beal come down to visit several times a year, but I dearly love seeing @Anna N as well. I am still dreaming of that wonderful, lemony cauliflower, and although I have no food photos to share I did get a shot of a most interesting appliance in the washroom: Can’t say I would ever use what appears to be a hand-held bidet in a restaurant - or maybe I should fervently hope I never have the need!
  22. liuzhou

Wine leftovers

I have this image of you going round your restaurant collecting the unwanted, or even bad wine, people leave behind, mixing it randomly, boiling it and attempting to re-sell it? Can I book a table please? What do you do with the food? OK. Don't tell me I like surprises. I love the idea of foraging!. But not usually from abandoned tables!
  23. I suppose you used essential oils, right? If so, can I ask how much lavender did you add? I go crazy each time I use lavender essential oil, most of the times 1 drop is few and 2 are too much (or 2 and 3, or 3 and 4). Lavender oil (the ones I tried, at least) is really strong, next times I'm considering to add it to a part of the batter, then add parts of this to the rest to be more precise, only problem is that I end up with waste which doesn't make me happy. Dried blueberries are something I'd really love to find here. Teo
  24. Damon

Wine leftovers

it's not necessary to be 1 liter from the same wine. Maybe it's not so good wine... or maybe you don't like it.
  25. Duvel

Wine leftovers

You collect 15 votes and I’ll do it 😉
  26. gulfporter

New house, new kitchen

So jealous of your kitchen width; we have a galley kitchen here in Mexico and my DH and I constantly bumping into each other (and he's ultra slim and I'm average sized). Though to be honest, we jostle each other in our FL kitchen too, which is a 15 foot square. Maybe after 47 years of marriage we still like to cuddle 🤗
  27. teonzo

Wine leftovers

I'm going to create an online petition to force you to use this image as your avatar. Teo
  1. Load more activity