• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The Thursday Food Section is the only part of the LAT I can tolerate - they upped their game. Of course when someone talks about Jazz - all I can think is J Gold. So painful.
  3. Today
  4. heidih

Breakfast 2019

My ex would never eat our duck eggs - female was khaki campbell. He took them to work and the southern ladies baked with them - he did eat the cake!
  5. I've never heard of PlastiDip - is it fairly transparent? The idea is for it to look like it's just suspended in jelly, at least with the screen lighting up and being more or less visible. It's why I'm having trouble with cling film - to get enough protection, you're sacrificing transparency.
  6. I've been reading Diana Henry's From the Oven to the Table: Cauliflower meets the Saxons. Be afraid; be very afraid. Hide the children and the kale and go watch a Godzilla movie.
  7. Last time I had this discussion with my son they used meal kits. (Two teenagers, two adults.) Can't see it myself.
  8. liuzhou

Breakfast 2019

Mushroom Omelette. Not, I concede, the most attractive omelette I've ever made but it tasted just fine.
  9. Last year I got some samples of Steeped Coffee. Some of the varieties were pretty good, others pretty much "meh" not a lot of flavor. Probably okay for people who aren't real coffee fanatics.
  10. I have an old one that I have used for grating Jaggery since the 1970s. And oddly enough, I have used it a lot for grating the very hard Mexican chocolate!
  11. I got a blendtech on sale years ago. I make soup twice a year. Expensive soup.
  12. I think home delivery is a real niche, but meal kits don’t seem to solve a problem for most people. And they aren’t cheap.
  13. All the more reason to put them on the plate. I did not know wild turkeys were permitted to be hunted in NJ. I occasionally see turkeys on my way to work and at best they are intimidating.
  14. Take out the spatula before you run the motor.
  15. MetsFan5

Nasty Ingredients

Really?!? I mean they’re everywhere here but they must weight like 30 plus lbs. ugh and they’re so mean!
  16. I spent about 2 hours, ironically, researching the meal kit market and reviews and meals available currently. Nothing appealed at all. The meals were either literally microwaveable or they offered stupid (as in I can make it already) meals or they had bad reviews and were unappealing. I don’t mind using a grocery store meal kit— I can at least look at it and it’s subscription free. I agree this market has collapsed. So much invested.
  17. How can one pass up another ramen book? Particularly what looks like a comprehensive and well written ramen book. And when one has a $1.00 Kindle credit.
  18. Here's a link to my write up of the recipe. It is true to the original, just reworded. Thanks, @teonzo! I know @jedovaty would appreciate the help.
  19. Yiannos

Dinner 2019

There are words and stuff here but all I am able to see is that lovely cheese next to whatever that green stuff is
  20. I think its a multi-purpose grater. Cheese, tomato coulis, bread crumbs, what have you. it may be one of those "jack of all trades, master of none" gadgets. ETA, on our way home from the country, we pass a kitten rescue facility with fabulous thrift shop. So several times a month, we cull such oddments from both town and weekend accumulations. Good cause and occasional relief in cupboard space. But we seem to "leave one, buy one" from their always fascinating stock.
  21. robirdstx

Dinner 2019

“the only kid I knew who ate canned tamales” was said by @Kim Shook, not me.
  22. Okanagancook

Dinner 2019

Yes, refried....auto-correct is something I hate. Sorry
  23. Found this in a drawer - can't recall what I bought it for - would like to figure out what it is before I put in the charity box.
  24. Margaret Pilgrim

Dinner 2019

Dungeness crab Louis Meatballs and pappardelle
  1. Load more activity