• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Real fat and oil is also 'shortening'.
  3. Margaret Pilgrim

Dinner 2019

Green plums with goat cheese and lemon and chili oil Found some flanken yesterday. Tonight, "Korean" ribs, asparagus with oyster sauce, last of the corn
  4. gfweb

Lunch 2019

It’s pretty horrible, isn’t it ?
  5. Dante

Dinner 2019

Tonight's dinner- slow-cooker jackfruit chili, over spinach.
  6. Today
  7. Franci

Dinner 2019

Husband not home for dinner, so my kind of simple comfort food. Pizza in teglia and salad for the kids
  8. If you are able to make Dia de los Muertes baked goods - please show us One of my favorite people supervises our local https://www.olveraevents.com/day-of-the-dead-olvera-street
  9. heidih

Lunch 2019

Well as a US person let me throw out our classic - tuna noodle casserole - cheese generally involved ')
  10. robirdstx

Dinner 2019

Sous Vide Lamb Chop (finished on the grill), Chimichurri, Alton Brown’s Savory Polenta and Blistered Grape Tomatoes
  11. A new original: 2 oz Cappelletti aperitivo 1 oz Tattersall aquavit 2 dashes Regans' orange bitters Served on the rocks with an orange twist. Sweet and refreshing but also interesting. Next night I tried the same but topped with an ounce or so of soda, which brought it into the territory of an Aperol Spritz. I'm calling it Cap & Snaps.
  12. This afternoon's slim pickin's: From this cookbook's Amazon info page: "Hollis Wilder, the first three-time champion of Food Network’s Cupcake Wars, takes the traditional sweet cupcake in a new direction, with fresh flavors and a new savory look." "Savory Bites: Meals You Can Make in Your Cupcake Pan" Kindle Edition $2.51US Use the "Look Inside" feature and scroll down to see the start of Chapter One and its recipes. Slightly more expensive: Award-winning pastry chef at New York City's renowned Chanterelle restaurant, Kate Zuckerman's "The Sweet Life: Desserts from Chanterelle" Kindle Edition $3.99US Use the "Look Inside" feature and scroll down to see the start of Chapter One and its recipes. I am a US Prime member and the price you see may vary.
  13. Okanagancook

Salad 2016 –

Just looking through Nigel Slater.’s Kitchen Diaries...page 156 Orange and Ricotta Pancakes...just say’n 😍
  14. I'm getting another list together..... will check on the PB lovers cookbook when we get back from the shore. If I don't hear within a month or two I donate to one of the local libraries for their sales. @mudbug, where in the ARKLATEX? I know how to suck head and pinch tail!!!
  15. Hard to believe that there is going to be a really really ugly addition put on to the Chateau Laurier much to the dismay of just about everyone in this city.
  16. And you can get up and walk around - the pictures don't really show how spacious things are.
  17. While we were waiting for the buffet to be set up we went to the SAQ (that's the Quebec govt liquor store). I bought the bottle of Avril - which is a chestnut liqueur as far as I can tell. We hit the grocery store on the way home - grabbed some milk for my tea, some limes to accompany the G&T premixes I found at the SAQ. The view from my room.
  18. We ended up across the river in Gatineau at Chez Fatima. It made the most sense to have the buffet because it had all the dishes we might think of ordering. Mint tea Some of the best Moroccan food I've enjoyed in a long time. Lamb shanks with prune and chicken with lemon were my favorites. And the lamb kafka.
  19. Yesterday
  20. chefmd

Salad 2016 –

Thank you. I happened to have a container of ricotta that needs to used up. So ricotta goes with everything over the next few days
  21. Okanagancook

Salad 2016 –

Beets on ricotta....brilliant
  22. My cousin and her husband (pictured here) are mushroom hunting somewhere in OR or CA. I forgot to ask where
  23. chefmd

Salad 2016 –

Beets on ricotta with parsley, cilantro, scallions, peanuts.
  24. It does look like we're going to be calm right up until DÍa de los Difuntos - the largest workers' union has a national strike called for 30 October. However, on the upside, it won't interfere with the 5th annual International Festival and Competition of Guaguas de Pan, which I'm part of again this year. Last year (my first entry) I placed Bronze in a field of 50 bakeries, and I'm hoping that I can hit Silver or Gold this year. Ummm... It's complicated. The truce is shaky to begin with, and there's no way that the government is going to be able to address hundreds of years of human rights abuses in one set of negotiations. It will hopefully be a start, but the way that the government is trying to cover up the human rights issues even during the uprising (which are serious enough to have prompted the ICC to send investigators for crimes against humanity) isn't a very promising opening move. Everybody is following the situation very closely, and I find myself happy that I've got stock laid in because I truly don't see it remaining peaceful until New Year's.
  1. Load more activity