• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Mom and dad are from the Shanhai region. I'm actually a New Yorker.
  3. My experience at USC is that the library staff is extraordinary. So much is in their online inhouse sources - not hunched in the library (though I love tree books) . Also connection with volunteer wiki people. She is oddly a middle age law wiki archivist. Ya never know until you try. Also and perhaps you already have - crafting a succinct document of your goal is helpful so you do not get scattershot stuff (like this!) I agree a great opportunity must be crafted. to maximize the brief time the intern has.
  4. JoNorvelleWalker

Dinner 2020

Philips grilled spareribs, sweet potato. Momofuku ranch and stuff not shown. Sad thing about Momofuku ranch, I eat it with a spoon.
  5. Thank you Kerry. I really, really, wanted to dive into those pastries. All of them.
  6. Are you using a non-stick pan? I generally do for poaching. Not that it's necessary. As for temps you should probably be closer to a very very low simmer with the Breville. But I'm not an expert though. I think the other suggestions are good also. I use some poaching cups that are non-stick for my poached eggs. The Breville will make for some wonderfully easy eggs benedict
  7. This response doesn't surprise me. We hear something similar all the time, and in part, its because no one has done quite what we're doing. I think for my intern, I'm hoping to help him craft a more powerful week than just some time in a library. I really want to make some connections with faculty and staff that might have a more lasting impact.
  8. Thanks, Kerry. I think I gained 10# just looking at the photos.
  9. Thank you, this has been so enjoyable
  10. This is only peripherally related, but if he (or anyone else) should be in the vicinity of Ann Arbor, there's the Janice Bluestein Longone Culinary Archive.
  11. robirdstx

Dinner 2020

Baked Chicken Wings for me and the same for my DH tossed in Sriracha Butter Sauce with a Caesar Salad.
  12. Margaret Pilgrim

Dinner 2020

TdeV and Shain, THANK YOU for this recipe! Relying strictly on one recipe I found, you make fresh pasta and indeed fry half of it. I have to wrap my arms more firmly around this, but I will try it! Again, thanks so much!
  13. It just happened & I cut and pasted Not my personal comfort food zone though it is genetically.
  14. heidih

Dinner 2020

I hope @shain shares. I see fried pasta in that region- there are some packaged products in our "Kosher" section in US
  15. heidih

Lunch 2020

Baja is my backyard. Oh the fish market in Ensenada! The people! Enjoy and share! Thanks! The current food culture there is amazing now on both street level and innovative.
  16. TdeV

Dinner 2020

Shai, enticing pictures, as usual. Why fry some of the pasta? Texture?
  17. That worked. Did not work. I got the picture of the soup but no recipe.
  18. BonVivant

Lunch 2020

First food and my first real Mexican tacos (!) after 3 flights and 16 hours in the air, without sleep over 24 hours. Roadside taco truck in Guerrero Negro (Baja Sur), sells only 2 things, prawn and fish tacos. I got 8. Why did I even consider NZ or Australia? Did my research on both and was underwhelmed (I know just about everyone "loves" them). Turns out Mexico has more than food to offer me. It has my most favourite and epic animal and that's why I have come here and not NZ (original plan) or Australia (plan B). White bits are cabbage, not cheese.
  1. Load more activity