• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. BeeZee

Dinner 2020

Grouper (IQF) seared both sides in pan then finished in oven (wish we could get fresh grouper). Steamed asparagus with miso-tahini sauce, mini eggplants from the farmstand split in half and cooked until brown in pan, drizzled with balsamic glaze. Couscous from a box mix.
  3. Toulouse sausages — homemade – but not by me! Sous vide from frozen for two hours at 68.3°C then dried off and browned in the oven at 450°F for 10 minutes.
  4. Nope, seems the white spots are even worse this time when I heated the molds and wax mixture even hotter before coating. As @RandomCrap suggested, I'll try the next batch with a thicker layer. This series of pictures is as-filled, after 10 min at 500F, then after 20 min at 425F, then after another 20 min at 425F. The 2 in the front row of the final picture were molds that I prepped later, so they sat a few extra min after I prewarmed them in the oven before I poured the wax mixture in, so they would have been a little cooler. Mike
  5. Non-convection. I place the copper molds on a standard aluminum sheet pan (no fancy ridges or nonstick coating or anything), with a piece of foil in it to make cleanup easier. Then the sheet pan goes on the stone. Mike
  6. Maybe you are one of those poor peeps that has really good & sweet peaches Lovely machine find.
  7. My grocery delivery person just now grew up in St. Louis, her brother still there. They used to family vacation in the Ozarks. I talked ya up:)
  8. Dug out the beast, our 30 year old machine that we snagged back then at a jilted lover garage sale. Still works a charm. Today, peach. Having listened (really, I did!) to all of the good info here, I dipped a toe in the Philodelphia style pool, using Greenspan's recent recipe that uses honey, dried milk and vodka. This scoop is after a= hour ripening in the freezer. No noticeable textural differences yet but will continue to diligently research and report as it sets up more. At this point the flavor is disappointingly light on peach, heavy on cream. Also it is sweet. FYI there was 3T honey in a quart product/12 oz peach.
  9. Mulberries this time, from a friend's tree. Not enough on their own, but luckily I had a bunch of plums. So more jam! Different that straight plum, just as good.
  10. Today
  11. Thank you for responding. Are your canneles placed on a sheet pan and then put on the stone to bake or directly on the stone? Also, are you baking on convection mode or non-convection?
  12. I guess old habits die hard - e-mail from today - quite easy to find the pictures online that they have used On Aug 14, 2020, at 9:07 AM, F.BLÜMLEIN <support@fblumlein.com> wrote: HOME STEAM OVEN RECIPE FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50 F.BLÜMLEIN UPDATES - AUGUST 2020 Steamed Chocolate Pudding Using our oven's steam mode, you can easily make this classic dessert with light and airy taste. Whether you enjoy it with ice cream or chocolate sauce, it's a perfect choice for your afternoon indulgence. Get The Recipe More Delicious Dessert Recipes Stories From Our Customers It's much more convenient than I thought. "It has a wide range of uses. I'm using it to steam corn, fish, and green vegetables. Sometimes I put four things in at the same time - steam rice, veg, fish, and soup." - June Works Great. Highly Recommend! "The unit came packed very well for protection and was delivered on time. It came with instructions and f.blumlein has an online cookbook. This proofs the dough as well as bakes it. It makes things pretty simple and the results are great." - PAR Photos of What You Cook We love to hear stories about how customers enjoy cooking with their F.BLÜMLEIN steam oven. Share your cooking journey with us by tagging us and using #cookwithfb. About Us Support Privacy Policy 6140 N Hollywood Blvd Suite 110 Las Vegas, NV 89115 No more special offers and delicious recipes? Unsubscribe
  13. I recently bought a battery operated wine coke remover and it is AMAZING!!! :This one.
  14. The only thing that baffles me is why it can't be where it was when I was there last week. Rearranging things has never once caused me to buy more. If anything, sometimes I get aggravated because I'm in a hurry and it's not where it should be so I saw screw it and leave without it.
  15. Pretty eggplants. The round one screams "stuff me!".
  16. But that is normal in my experience SO much more dense than ginger. Wishing you the best for your grass. When I sold it at the botanic garden people were confused cuz it did not look like the thick pale stalks from the store. Though....I propagated from grocery store stock in water jars in a greenhouse.. Life - never a dull moment or a new chance to learn.
  17. heidih

Dinner 2020

From the "more is better school"
  18. blue_dolphin

Breakfast 2020!

Yeah, if I were to try this again, I’d go the savory route - add Gorgonzola, goat cheese or Parm to the ricotta, maybe a hint of garlic or some green onions. Diana Henry has a version with zucchini that I’d consider trying.
  19. Well, Wegmans never charged me for the double order. Weird. Here is today's CSA share. Heirloom, beefsteak, roma, and cherry tomatoes, kale, yu choy, shishito peppers, hot wax peppers, Thai basil (I am very excited about this!) fairytale eggplant, some other kind of eggplant, summer squash, blush onions, green lettuce (only one head this week thankfully) and fresh garlic. I guess I am making ratatouille again.
  20. While my grocery store lemongrass is typically tough and fibrous (and not very juicy... I can't wait till my plant starts to fill in a bit!), the galangal I get is even worse - it's like a chunk of wood!
  21. Nicolai

Dinner 2020

Under the Bresaola and rocket blanket lies a bed of marinara sauce and mozzarella. I also cheated and had Parmesan shavings on top for good measure.
  22. I understand where you are coming from though steal us a loaded term. Long ago the idea was that the list of ingredients was ok to publish but not.the method. Intellectual property is not my legal field. My issue when I do give out recipes is - if ya don't do it right it will disappoint. Instead come cook with me. - that works. General idea sharing is pretty much the current internet space norm. Oh the borrow steal phrase is eluding my tiny mind in terms of distinction - just a comment.
  23. shain

Dinner 2020

Not a cold pizza lover, BTW. I can make myself eat room temp pizza, but not cold / day old. When I was younger and less kitchen-wise, I'd just microwave or toast it in the oven - each has it's disadvantages. Those days, I'd apply water to the cheese so that it doesn't dry further, and reheat on the bottom of a very hot oven. Leftover/room-temp cheese less pizza is OK, but I'd still prefer it reheated.
  24. I bake for 10 min at 500F on a baking stone (rotating after 5 min), then 40-45 min at 425F (rotating every 10 min). btw I'm using this recipe, which I haven't seen mentioned on this thread yet. It takes a similar approach to Paula's in that the butter is blended with the sugar and flour before adding the hot milk and eggs. Mike
  1. Load more activity