• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. But with a lot more leg room!😃 So Kerry, where are you going for dinner?
  3. 😲 My dreams have been crushed. Never been on a train. Always imagined going into the dining car....a bar on one side....fancy tables on the other.....everyone dressed up...women wearing hats.... Now I find out it looks like an airplane. 😁
  4. Good old fashioned Scottish Cream buns, complete with mock cream (butter/icing sugar whipped) and served up to the nurses in the local hospital for afternoon tea. They were quickly inhaled :D
  5. Today
  6. Welcome, @Hector Litre! I'm not a beer drinker, but I'm still interested in hearing about your experiences and, of course, the food side of you!
  7. Toliver

Food recalls

Just got an email from Penzey's:
  8. This was a fabulous read! I'm not sure I'll try it, but this instruction makes it sound almost doable. Many thanks!
  9. Well the predicted bombogenesis did indeed come to pass. We had 90 mph winds here last night. We lost power at 1AM (it's still out, but the caretaker came over and reset the generator this morning). The doors off the dining room blew wide open at 3AM. Luckily we heard it and were able to get them closed again before too much water got inside. We now have the dining room table wedged against them to keep them closed until the winds die down, which is predicted for about 5PM this evening. Before all that craziness, we went to Mac's Shack so my nephew could have some Mexican food. That's his favorite cuisine, and there are no Mexican restaurants out here (at least that I am aware of). My husband and I pretty much stuck to the regular menu. Oysters Clam chowder Yellowtail jalapeño Cochinita pibil chicken torta Carne asada prosciutto wrapped cod black and white cake We have reservations for this evening but are not sure if we will get there are there are lots of wires and trees down and much of the outer Cape has no power. There are lots of leftovers in the fridge if we can't get out.
  10. gfweb

Lunch 2019

Heresy!
  11. It went by in a flash - and I did let them refill it!
  12. 5 hours not so nice did they offer to refill your wine cup ? plasic or notr,.
  13. Franci

Lunch 2019

Salad and cod
  14. Done that - coach seats - food was good I also recall - they threatened to throw us off the train. I’m better behaved now!
  15. I once took the train from Toronto to Vancouver. As I recall the food was pretty good.
  16. Kim Shook

Dinner 2019

Absolutely NO forgiveness necessary! I promise. I was just confused because nothing I went to seemed to have the recipe in it. It really is like the secret recipe of the internet! But no worries - someone PM'd me with the actual recipe, so I'm fine!
  17. Thank you Enablers! 😊 Delivered to my doorstep just now.
  18. robirdstx

Dinner 2019

No ramps here, so I will have to use the pickled onion and raw scallion green substitution.
  19. I thought the A4 Box was induction? Then again, for that price...
  20. JoNorvelleWalker

Dinner 2019

Chang's permission too: the pickled ramps may be replaced with half pickled onions and half raw scallion greens. I have yet to dare opening one of my jars of ramps. Besides, pickled onions are on sale this week.
  21. Toliver

Dinner 2019

I'm not that person of authority but from my understanding, you can post the ingredients and measurements/amounts exactly. But you cannot re-post the instructions verbatim. To make it a legal re-posting you have to re-word the instructions. If this is incorrect I would like to be informed. Thanks in advance...
  22. Not over full in my car. it’s a little over 5 hours
  23. Duvel

Dinner 2019

After commuting for four years via ferry I had my first major traffic jam today. 90 min for about 30 km ... So dinner prep time was cut down to 15 min - broccoli fritters (as my wife is concerned about the little ones veggie intake), quick guacamole with north sea shrimp and hummus left-overs stretched with goat cheese. Little one got the excess guac with shrimps and concluded that next time he only wants that ...
  24. They can, of course, but it’s much more difficult when the principal is no longer present.
  25. Baby bok Chou sautéed in the box. Served with Salisbury steak that I had made aeons ago and found hiding in my freezer. I put it, still frozen solid, in the CSO (Cuisinart steam oven) on bake steam at 325°F for 30 minutes and it was perfectly thawed and heated through. Nothing wrong with a little fusion now and again.
  26. Yes, I do. But these can be ongoing conversations... ; )
  27. Checking in. How is this going?
  1. Load more activity