• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 1. Warm cornbread slathered with butter. 2. Dark roast coffee with cream and sugar. 3. Toasted yeast bread slathered with butter. 4. Crisp Bacon 5. Ripe, warm tomato, freshly picked. 6. Bread pudding, very eggy with cream, sugar and sweet spices. 7. Crisp, brown chicken skin. 8. Pork carnitas. 9. Candied ginger. 10. Rose's Lime Marmalade.
  3. suzilightning

Dinner 2020

Just asked the owners. They are from bees that gather from the plants though they also do some infused honey. They said they are constantly moving the hives around and use limited hives in an area. Course in south Jersey its easy to find acres of blueberries to glean from.
  4. Today
  5. How about using a table fan to remove the latent heat?
  6. Anna N

Lunch 2020

soup made from a combination of restaurant leftovers and vegetables languishing in the crisper. A piece of leftover naan which apparently decided to go for a dip. That’s such a lie. I love dunking in my soup when I’m alone.
  7. I use it still to wash when I get into poison ivy... Fels Naptha washes away the irritant resin pretty effectively. Never understood how it got used as a laundry soap.
  8. heidih

Breakfast 2020!

Whomping is so satisfying. As if one has accomplished something of import first thing in the morn. Orang ones smell lovely as I recall.
  9. Excellent! Proof there was at least some hot chocolate under all that whipped cream. Was the cream sweetened?
  10. @Chimayo Joe My son liked Indomie in general. I think that is one with several flavoring packets,
  11. I prefer to think of it as revenge of the gastropods.
  12. Shelby

Dinner 2020

It was pretty good...needed some salt. It was a creamy slaw and yes, it came dressed in a plastic container in a cooler type thing with ice packs.
  13. Nuked sliced leftover boiled marble potatoes with leftover porkchop gravy. Husband had freshly baked orange "whomp" Danish. I can't eat them on an empty stomach.
  14. @Terrakion, I have at present about seven pounds of pecans in my freezer. I make muffins for my Sunday school class at church every week, and put them in salads and such. Also very fond of spiced pecans eaten as a snack. Any favorite pecan recipes you'd care to share?
  15. If you want to stay in the very simple category, there is a cocktail mix called mudslide, which tastes something like a chocolate soda. It's good with coconut rum. You could up the coconut flavor with cream of coconut. It would lend itself to mixing in a big pitcher or punchbowl.
  16. Kim Shook

Breakfast 2020!

ET bagel and sage sausage:
  17. I assume that's a blimp shadow being cast on the piadini 🙃
  18. Kim Shook

Dinner 2020

@Shelby - I meant to ask - re: the corned beef sandwich kit. How was the cole slaw? I can't get my head around a mail order salad. Did it come dressed? Or did you do that part? Inquiring minds.
  19. Out searching for gelato - all vendors on holiday But we found hot chocolate with a bit of cream
  20. blue_dolphin

Breakfast 2020!

Another Diana Henry baked potato suggestion used atop a roasted sweet potato: Sour cream, smoked trout, scallions, and dill. She recommends starting with a knob of butter which would be just the ticket with a fluffy baker but not necessary here. I'd add a squeeze of lemon but used lime today because my tree is loaded.
  21. Visit to seaside - piadini with Parma ham, fresh cheese and arugula.
  22. Ann_T

Breakfast 2020!

Yesterday's breakfast - Moe's. Scrambled eggs and bacon with toasted homemade baguette.
  23. Paul Bacino

Dinner 2020

Played around with a little taste of the Moment Butternut Squash Gnocchi w Bacon , Parm, Rosemary ( opted non Sage ) in My squash vinegar ( Noma )
  24. shain

Dinner 2020

Baked potatoes with feta, dill, oregano, lemon zest, olive oil, paprika. Baked eggplants with bechamel, mushrooms, tomato, oregano, thyme, galic, nutmeg.
  1. Load more activity