Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Enrober Questions

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#91 Chocolot

Chocolot
  • participating member
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

Bring this older topic up again. I have been looking at a Perfect. Anyone have new information about reasonably priced enrobers?

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

#92 Desiderio

Desiderio
  • participating member
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

I am also looking to buy a small (possibly used) enrobing machine. I really like the Dedy 220 but with everything and shipping is about 18K. The Hilliard's six inch coater is cheaper but I am not sure how well will it work. Any experience?
Thank you.
PS: I haven't been on the forum in a long time, sorry and well re-met everyone.
Vanessa

#93 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 9,998 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

I am also looking to buy a small (possibly used) enrobing machine. I really like the Dedy 220 but with everything and shipping is about 18K. The Hilliard's six inch coater is cheaper but I am not sure how well will it work. Any experience?
Thank you.
PS: I haven't been on the forum in a long time, sorry and well re-met everyone.

Vanessa - we've missed you. Glad to see you back on the forum. Have you noticed that upcoming conference in Washington - we'd love to have you join us?

The problem I have with the Hilliard 6 inch coater is that there is no paper take off when the product comes off the chain.

You might want to look at one of the Perfect Equipment setups - you attach their enrober to either their air or water machine. I've forgotten the pricing - but I think it comes in less than 18K. Link here.

#94 Chocolot

Chocolot
  • participating member
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

I bought the Perfect, and mostly we get along just fine. There are days when I am not happy with it, but for the most part, it does what I ask. It was just under $12K. Come on over Vanessa and I will show it to you:-)

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

#95 Desiderio

Desiderio
  • participating member
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

Awwww I 've missed you too :-(
Thank you so much for your input as always Kerry <3
Ruth I really need to come pay you a visit, we are so close!!! I saw the video of your enrobing machine online, soo cool. I know it is a big investment, I am moving into a slighlty different field with my confections and I need to move faster than I did in the past 6 years, no more waiting, but I really want to grow in sinc with my possibilities.
The Perfect enrober look very nice, I will look into and plan a trip to Utah asap :-)
Thank you ladies, is good to be back <3
Vanessa

#96 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 9,998 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:43 AM

Group buy going on now for the Perfect - PM me and I'll link you to the eG member organizing it.

#97 TexasFudge

TexasFudge
  • participating member
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

Im sorry for bringing up old threads but im trying to price enrobers and so far the only one Ive looked at is Hilliards and they seem a little high. Im on the perfect website now and im trying to download their catalog. I live in Texas so how much is the mini-enrober and could it be shipped to Texas?

#98 mostlylana

mostlylana
  • participating member
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Perfect will definitely ship to Texas. The price for the Perfect Air 2 and Enro 2 (tempering machine and enrobing belt) will be approx. $11,500.
Contact them - they speak english and are nice people to work with.