Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

New baking & Desserts Books 2007

Cookbook Dessert

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ALTAF

ALTAF
  • participating member
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:20 PM

Interesting books will be published in 2007:

- The essentail Baker
- The best bake sale cookbook
- The art of desserts
- icebox cakes
- panna cotta
- The sweet spot: asian inspired desserts
- Apassion for Baking "Marcy Goldmen"

Know any more?

#2 lapin d'or

lapin d'or
  • participating member
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 07:45 AM

Peter Reinhart has been working on a new book for a while which I think should be out this year. Not sure if it has a title yet but I believe it will cover wholemeal breads offering up new ways to make them taste more interesting. See his blog for more information blog link here

#3 K8memphis

K8memphis
  • participating member
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:09 AM

Well, mine, of course. :laugh:

#4 mukki

mukki
  • participating member
  • 479 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:19 AM

Emily Luchetti has a new book coming out called Classic Stars Desserts: Favorite Recipes by Emily Luchetti, which combines the best recipes from her Stars Desserts and Four-Star Desserts (which are both out of print). I don't have either of those, so I'll probably check out the new one.

#5 JacobCooks

JacobCooks
  • participating member
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:23 PM

ALTAF, "The Sweet Spot: Asian Inspired Desserts" is by Pichet Ong, right? I'm looking foward to that one.

#6 ALTAF

ALTAF
  • participating member
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:55 AM

mikki: I know about Emily Luchetti new book, but i did not list it because i think it's a bout classic desserts......I'm looking for somthing new. Is there somthing new in her book?

JacobCooks: Yes i think it's by: Pichet Ong

#7 mukki

mukki
  • participating member
  • 479 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:39 AM

mikki:  I know about  Emily Luchetti new book, but i did not list it because i think it's a bout classic desserts......I'm looking for somthing new. Is there somthing new  in her book?

View Post

From the description on Amazon, it doesn't sound like there is anything new.

#8 JacobCooks

JacobCooks
  • participating member
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:15 PM

Thought I'd add this to the list.

"Chocolates and Confections: Formula, Theory, and Technique for the Artisan Confectioner" by The Culinary Institute of America.

I wonder if it's going to be in the textbook format like some of the other C.I.A. books, or in a regular cookbook format.

#9 ALTAF

ALTAF
  • participating member
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:49 PM

King arthur flour is aunching a new magazine called " The Bakers Companion". Any one knows where to buy it on line beside thier site?

#10 Lindacakes

Lindacakes
  • participating member
  • 924 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:11 PM

You can get the King Arthur magazine at Barnes and Noble.

Shirley Corriher is supposed to come out with a baking book, but that's been in the works for some time.
I like to bake nice things. And then I eat them. Then I can bake some more.

#11 abique

abique
  • participating member
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:07 AM

Savory Sweets by Amy Felder is coming out in February. It offers pastry chefs the keys to the culinary side of the kitchen, using culinary ingredients and cooking techniques to develop plated desserts. Yea, I know, some of this we have seen before but this is the first systematic look at the mergance of the two worlds. It looks like it will be a great resource book.

#12 mukki

mukki
  • participating member
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:28 PM

According to a conversation with Sherry Yard posted on David Lebovitz's site, Yard will be coming out with a new book in the fall called Desserts by the Yard: From Brooklyn to Beverly Hills, Recipes from the Sweetest Life Ever.

#13 mukki

mukki
  • participating member
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 05:20 PM

Elizabeth Falkner of Citizen Cake in SF will be coming out with a book called Demolition Desserts this fall.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cookbook, Dessert