Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Looking for small chocolate enrober

Chocolate

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rhubarb

Rhubarb
  • participating member
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:31 AM

I recently heard tell of a small sized (table-top?) chocolate enrober--I didn't know such a thing existed, but it's exactly what I need. Anybody familiar with such a thing? Know any distributors?

#2 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • participating member
  • 356 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:03 AM

This is always a good place to look for equipment:

http://www.retailcon...&module_id=3010

looks like there's a 5" enrober up for grabs if it's not already taken..

#3 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:24 AM

I recently heard tell of a small sized (table-top?) chocolate enrober--I didn't know such a thing existed, but it's exactly what I need.  Anybody familiar with such a thing?  Know any distributors?

View Post

Hilliard makes a little one that I have seen in action. It attaches to their little dipper temperer. I seem to recall there was discussion about this once before and some people thought it was too small. I'll see if I can find the link. Meanwhile check out www.hilliardschocolate.com and look for the 6 inch coater.

#4 K8memphis

K8memphis
  • participating member
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:41 AM

Did Kitchen Aid make an enrober attachment or am I smoking crack?
It was like $500?
???
I think they did...

#5 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 07:50 AM

Did Kitchen Aid make an enrober attachment or am I smoking crack?
It was like $500?
???
I think they did...

View Post

I wonder if you are thinking of a coating pan. It's around $500 and fits on a kitchen aid, but made by debuyer in France.

Here?

#6 K8memphis

K8memphis
  • participating member
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:58 AM

Yes, I thought the tumbler thing was called an enrober but I got the names mixed up didn't I?

The coating pan tumbles things and the enrober showers a water fall (chocolatefall really) stream of chocolate onto product traveling through it on a conveyor belt?

#7 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:09 AM

Yes, I thought the tumbler thing was called an enrober but I got the names mixed up didn't I?

The coating pan tumbles things and the enrober showers a water fall (chocolatefall really) stream of chocolate onto product traveling through it on a conveyor belt?

View Post

Yup, but I think the tumbled things are still referred to as enrobed, hence the confusion.

#8 K8memphis

K8memphis
  • participating member
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:12 AM

View Post

Yup, but I think the tumbled things are still referred to as enrobed, hence the confusion.

View Post

My ego appreciates your generosity. :raz:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chocolate