Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

La Signora Caffettiera

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rachellindsay

Rachellindsay
  • participating member
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:08 PM

I have a very old design 'La Signora' caffettiera and it needs a new rubber seal. Does anyone know of anywhere online that supplies replacement parts for stove top coffee makers? This coffee pot is a thing of real beauty (and makes a good cup of coffee) and I'm loathe to throw it out when the seal finally falls apart. Thanks.

#2 James Badeaux

James Badeaux
  • participating member
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:34 PM

Sorry, I don't know where you can get replacement parts but I'm more interested in the pieces beauty and quality of coffee that it yields.

Do you have it where people can see it? If not, try to make it a focus that your customers can talk about. I thinks that's better than any advertising money you can spend.

I wish you good luck in finding a replacement part!

Be daring, be different, be impractical...

Coffeepinions

#3 phaelon56

phaelon56
  • legacy participant
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:44 PM

There is a gentleman in Maine named Andy Powell who was, awhile back, rumored to be making silicone replacement gaskets for old vacuum style coffee makers.

Casco Bay Molding

You might check them out in the event that one of the silicone seals they already offer happens to fit.

#4 Rachellindsay

Rachellindsay
  • participating member
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:15 AM

Thanks James and Phaelon....your advice is appreciated.