Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Source of Countertop Confectionary Display Case

Confections

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:24 PM

Anyone know where to find a nice acrylic display case for chocolates, doesn't need refridgeration, and should sit on a counter top.

Even better would be a Canadian source of this.

Also wanted are the trays that chocolates are displayed on in a case such as this.

#2 Gifted Gourmet

Gifted Gourmet
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 9,587 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:46 PM

something here? or even better yet: one of these?

actually, I like these too ... :wink:

and then there are even more ... ...

Edited by Gifted Gourmet, 18 October 2006 - 07:54 PM.

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

#3 Pam R

Pam R
  • manager
  • 6,839 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:48 PM

Kerry- I've ordered some stuff from Hubert. I think their Canadian offices are in Ontario. I don't have the time to really look through their site now, but here are a few examples of what they have:
acrylic bakery display (scroll down)
I like these ones more

I'm sure I've seen pictures in their brochures with chocolate displays (maybe :rolleyes: ).

#4 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:53 AM

something here?  or even better yet: one of these?

actually, I like these too ... :wink:

and then there are even more ... ...

View Post

Kerry- I've ordered some stuff from Hubert.  I think their Canadian offices are in Ontario.  I don't have the time to really look through their site now, but here are a few examples of what they have:
acrylic bakery display (scroll down)
I like these ones more

I'm sure I've seen pictures in their brochures with chocolate displays (maybe  :rolleyes: ).

View Post

Thank you both. Pam, I think that last one is going to be just what is required.

#5 alanamoana

alanamoana
  • participating member
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:46 AM

Kerry, as another option...i've seen at most chocolate shops...the standard display is just using acrylic squares with chocolate on top. they then often stack these one on top of the other. there are a lot of places that make acrylic stands, simple bent acrylic rectangles that you can use like risers. it would be pretty inexpensive to use these items.

hey, are you finally going to sell some stuff?

#6 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:47 AM

Kerry, as another option...i've seen at most chocolate shops...the standard display is just using acrylic squares with chocolate on top.  they then often stack these one on top of the other.  there are a lot of places that make acrylic stands, simple bent acrylic rectangles that you can use like risers.  it would be pretty inexpensive to use these items.

hey, are you finally going to sell some stuff?

View Post

Actually they are for my friend Mari who has Coco Chocolates. A really neat coffee shop in Toronto wants to sell her chocolates.

I love the acrylic square idea, but they want to keep peoples hands off these ones apparently.

I'll just stick to trying to sell my DVD's and classes. Although some holidays I make enough chocolate so that I can walk into the clinic or hospital with a box full and sell it as I going along. Helps support my chocolate habit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Confections