Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Peaches

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Jaymes

Jaymes
  • participating member
  • 7,439 posts

Posted 31 July 2002 - 07:45 AM

Waiting, waiting for this recipe. It sounds so good, I'm already anticipating it as breakfast for the rest of the summer! Please don't forget. Ta.  

Peach and Cantaloupe Soup

I served a cold cherry & cantaloupe soup for years. Served it in the cantaloupe half-shells. Great presentation as first course for a summer meal.

I think this would be spectacular served that way.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write all that out. I will be making this right away.

:rolleyes:
"And you, you're just a stinker."

#32 Varmint

Varmint
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 31 July 2002 - 08:00 AM

Thanks for all the great posts. I've frozen some, made some peach preserves, and am ready to try many of the ideas suggested here. Strange thing, though -- just when I thought I was going to be sick of them, I sliced up three peaches for breakfast this morning. I guess I won't be getting tired of them soon!
Dean McCord
VarmintBites

#33 SobaAddict70

SobaAddict70
  • legacy participant
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 31 July 2002 - 08:15 AM

Cakewalk -- probably not. I've never made it that way, although you could try. It certainly wouldn't be as fresh tasting as freshly made.

When I've made this in the past, I've sometimes dispensed with the buttermilk/oj ice cubes and sprinkled each serving with some finely diced peaches, a chiffonade of mint, and a few drops of mint simple syrup. Let me know if you can come up with anything else.

SA