Guidelines for commercial posts and media solicitations
- Business owners and other members of the food and beverage industry are welcome in eG Forums discussions. We do not, however, permit the use of eG Forums discussions for advertising.
- Members may mention their products or services only to the extent they further a discussion, tastefully and without gratuitous repetition.
- Members may link to their businesses from their signature lines.
- Members who participate in discussions about businesses with which they’re affiliated, for example if a member owns a restaurant and participates in discussion of that restaurant, must disclose the relevant business affiliations in their signature lines.
Participation for research purposes (including journalism, academic research, and product development)
- Participation for in the eG forums for research purposes must be disclosed publicly at the outset, and is permissible only to the extent that it encourages public discussion and does not solicit private replies.
- Those wishing to post requests to interview members should contact the Society public, media and community relations team at pr@eGullet.org with their requests. We will post appropriate requests and forward voluntary member responses along with relevant contact information.
- If you use eG Forums resources in a published work, please cite the member and note that the quotation, recipe or other information came from an eG Forums discussion at www.eGullet.org, the website of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters.
- NOTE TO COPY EDITORS AND FACT CHECKERS: The Society for Culinary Arts & Letters is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization. The URL for all Society offerings is eGullet.org, not .com.