Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Mac nut cream pies?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ono Loa

Ono Loa
  • participating member
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:19 PM

Hi i am new to this board i have been lurking for while so i thought i would join up.
i am in Honolulu for 10 days and i would love to find a bakery that makes mac nut creme pies....i LOVE them !
any help you can give would be great ! mahalo

OOPS!!! sorry i should have checked my message sorry about the spelling LOL! i do that all the time.

Edited by Ono Loa, 06 April 2006 - 01:22 PM.

#2 PakePorkChop

PakePorkChop
  • participating member
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:44 PM

Hi i am new to this board i have been lurking for while so i thought i would join up.
i am in Honolulu for 10 days and i would love to find a bakery that makes mac nut creme pies....i LOVE them ! 
any help you can give would be great !  mahalo

OOPS!!!  sorry i should have checked my message sorry about the spelling LOL! i do that all the time.

View Post

Ted's Bakery. period. You can go to the bakery or find outlets at various markets or restaurants.

Do not accept less.

#3 Ono Loa

Ono Loa
  • participating member
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:24 AM

any help you can give would be great !   mahalo

OOPS!!!  sorry i should have checked my message sorry about the spelling LOL! i do that all the time.

View Post

Ted's Bakery. period. You can go to the bakery or find outlets at various markets or restaurants.

Do not accept less.

View Post

WOW thanks ! i will make sure i get there tomorrow.
and thanks to everyone for not making fun of my spelling i am very dyslexic and some things get by me ...as i too often forget to check my stuff.
i would like to post more here i have lots of questions.
cant wait to get to teds !

#4 gmi3804

gmi3804
  • participating member
  • 633 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:18 PM

How about a Mac Nut Cream Pie recipe? Does anyone have a good one?

Edited by gmi3804, 07 April 2006 - 12:18 PM.

#5 Jamee

Jamee
  • participating member
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:20 PM

Anna Miller's Restaurant in Aiea, near the Pearlridge Shopping Center, has excellent pies.

#6 Sweet Willie

Sweet Willie
  • participating member
  • 866 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:32 PM

Ted's Bakery.  period.  You can go to the bakery or find outlets at various markets or restaurants.

Can one find Ted's on other islands besides Oahu? like Big Island, Maui or Kauai?
"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be"

#7 PakePorkChop

PakePorkChop
  • participating member
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:32 AM

You may be able to find Ted's pies in the refrigerated sections of supermarkets and outlets such as Long's, etc.

Otherwise, look for regional specialties:

http://starbulletin....res/story1.html

#8 Rack

Rack
  • participating member
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:51 PM

Costco in Honolulu and Hawaii Kai has some good cream pies in a refrigerated case. I think that they might be "Anna's" brand.

#9 Ono Loa

Ono Loa
  • participating member
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:38 PM

GREAT! Thats good to know since i will be a permanant resident on Oahu in September....and costco will be the first place i go.

Costco in Honolulu and Hawaii Kai has some good cream pies in a refrigerated case. I think that they might be "Anna's" brand.

View Post