Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Anthony Bourdain

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 robyn

robyn
  • legacy participant
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:39 PM

This isn't so much a question as an observation. I used to write for a living (pretty dry stuff - lawyer stuff). But I also love to read. And I know good writing when I see it. Anthony Bourdain is a very talented writer - and I enjoy what he writes - in his books - and in Gourmet (even though we have had a couple of big fights here over trivial matters - we are not exactly tight buddies). Only thing is - he needs a good editor - someone to remind him from time to time that he doesn't have to be the Dean Martin of food writing. The substance of his writing is really terrific without the boozy aura. Robyn

#2 srhcb

srhcb
  • legacy participant
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:51 PM

Have you read his fiction novels?

SB :hmmm:

#3 Ruth Reichl

Ruth Reichl
  • participating member
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:15 PM

This isn't so much a question as an observation.  I used to write for a living (pretty dry stuff - lawyer stuff).  But I also love to read.  And I know good writing when I see it.  Anthony Bourdain is a very talented writer - and I enjoy what he writes - in his books - and in Gourmet (even though we have had a couple of big fights here over trivial matters - we are not exactly tight buddies).  Only thing is - he needs a good editor - someone to remind him from time to time that he doesn't have to be the Dean Martin of food writing.  The substance of his writing is really terrific without the boozy aura.  Robyn

View Post

WE all need an editor. And believe me, we edit Tony. As I'm sure he would tell you.

#4 Vinfidel

Vinfidel
  • legacy participant
  • 335 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:04 PM

his crime novels is great

#5 srhcb

srhcb
  • legacy participant
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:15 PM

his crime novels is great

View Post

Well, I'd say they're entertaining, and you can tell he had a great time writing them.

SB :wink: