Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Book Signings, Including the Chez Panisse Event

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FoodMan

FoodMan
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 4,316 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:34 PM

Paula-
Will you be having any books signings nationwide? Any in Texas? How do these things get setup? Do you pick the places or is it mainly up to your publisher?

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

#2 Wolfert

Wolfert
  • participating member
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:51 PM

Paula-
Will you be having any books signings nationwide? Any in Texas? How do these things get setup? Do you pick the places or is it mainly up to your publisher?

View Post

I regret but I won't be going to Texas for a book signing.
“C’est dans les vieux pots, qu’on fait la bonne soupe!”, or ‘it is in old pots that good soup is made’.

#3 Hest88

Hest88
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 01:12 AM

Just back from a blissful meal at Chez Panisse, featuring dishes from Paula's cookbook.

Paula, thank you again for a lovely evening; the dishes were scrumptious though we were unable to take pictures. Would you happen to have any photos of the Chez Panisse dishes?

#4 bleudauvergne

bleudauvergne
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:44 AM

The calendar event for this item is Here.

The menu:

Duck gizzard salad à la périgordine
Coquilles Saint Jacques with chestnuts and wild mushrooms
Braised Sonoma County Liberty duck leg and stuffed duck neck sausage with
red wine sauce and cornmeal cakes
Prune and Armagnac ice cream crêpes

Did any other eGullet members attend this event? I'd love to hear which were your favorite dishes on this menu.

Paula, this dinner was a book signing event. Do you often do this kind of thing involving a meal and a book signing? Do tell us more about how this was arranged.

#5 Carolyn Tillie

Carolyn Tillie
  • participating member
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:26 PM

I have dozens of shots but will not be back in town until Monday or Tuesday to post... What a fabulous event!

#6 Busboy

Busboy
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:35 PM

Is there a book tour schedule?
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government.

#7 Wolfert

Wolfert
  • participating member
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:02 PM

So glad you liked the food. I thought it was absolutely wonderful. Two of my favorite chefs, David Tanis (see this months Saveur for a story about him) and Jean-Pierre Moulle (who's been cooking at Chez Panisse for 25 years) put out a stunning dinner. Several eguleteers were there -- Hest88, Carolyn Tillie, Irish Cream, Squeat Mungry. The room was sold out at both sittings and seemed happy. Unfortunately my cell-phone photos didn't come out well.Carolyn was quite active with her camera an d if her shots were good, I hope she'll post a few.

I'm doing lots of radio and print interviews to promote the book. And I will be in Philadelphia for the Book and Cook in March.
“C’est dans les vieux pots, qu’on fait la bonne soupe!”, or ‘it is in old pots that good soup is made’.

#8 Wolfert

Wolfert
  • participating member
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 05:01 PM

The calendar event for this item is Here. 

The menu: 

Duck gizzard salad à la périgordine
Coquilles Saint Jacques with chestnuts and wild mushrooms
Braised Sonoma County Liberty duck leg and stuffed duck neck sausage with
red wine sauce and cornmeal cakes
Prune and Armagnac ice cream crêpes

Did any other eGullet members attend this event? I'd love to hear which were your favorite dishes on this menu.

Paula, this dinner was a book signing event. Do you often do this kind of thing involving a meal and a book signing? Do tell us more about how this was arranged.

View Post

My publisher's publicists arranged this event as they did a similar event at Zuni. But I would never have agreed unless I had total confidence that the restaurants would present my dishes in a brilliant way. Both restaurants came through even beyond my expectations. For this I owe Judy Rodgers and Alice Waters an enormous debt. I've known them both for many years and deeply treasure their friendship.