Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Wine Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wkl

wkl
  • participating member
  • 770 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:02 AM

Paula,

Thanks for participating here. This Q and A is very imformative.

You mention how much you enjoy Pacherenc du Vic-Bilh, especially with garbure. I frequent a merchant that carries this wine, but only in its sweet form. I always assumed this was the only style of this wine. Were you drinking a dry version? what other foods are consummed with the dry version (assuming there is one).

Any other info on this wine would be appreciated. ie ageability, foods consummed with sweet version, etc

Thanks.

#2 Wolfert

Wolfert
  • participating member
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:40 PM

The Pacherence du Vic-Bilh served at Daguin's restaurant was a dry, slightly tangy yellow-white wine. Not sure of the grape varieties but it was a blend. I think you can find both types and more information on wine-searcher.com
“C’est dans les vieux pots, qu’on fait la bonne soupe!”, or ‘it is in old pots that good soup is made’.