Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

New books from elBulli: 2003-2004

Cookbook

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pedro

pedro
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 05:05 AM

Two new volumes packed together coming from elBulli have appeared: elBulli 2003 and elBulli 2004. It seems that Adrià and his team are going to continue the exposition of their work and releasing periodically the books which describe it.

Right now, just the Spanish version is available, but I assume there must be plans to translate it to English and French.

More info at elBulli's site.
PedroEspinosa (aka pedro)

#2 tan319

tan319
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 07:38 AM

Wish they would release '94/'97 in English...
2317/5000

#3 hapacooking

hapacooking
  • participating member
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:24 PM

The english version of 94-97 will be available during the first few months of 2006 and the 2003-2004 english edition will be available in the Spring of 2006 according to Luis at El Bulli.

#4 akwa

akwa
  • participating member
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:47 PM

has anyone tried to order from the website?

#5 ASM NY

ASM NY
  • participating member
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:08 AM

has anyone tried to order from the website?

View Post

I just got the book which I ordered straight from the website. It's very bare-bones and I was concerned that the order had not gone through, especially since I am in a different country. All said and done, the transaction went smoothly, and I got the book in a very timely manner.

The books themselves are awesome. They have a lot more information and pictures about technique and their more recent styles. I found the 2003 book to be more interesting and accessible, as the 2004 is very heavy on the liquid nitrogen, which for the avid home cook is still not very attainable.

The CD ROM is also somewhat improved, making it easier to navigate between recipes without having to hit the "Back" button all the time.
Arley Sasson

#6 WillieLee

WillieLee
  • participating member
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:11 AM

The new books are pretty outstanding. and interestingly enough I can honestly say Ferran hand delivered them to me.
sam mason

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cookbook