Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Fall/winter flavors of ice cream

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 amccomb

• participating member
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:19 PM

I ended up using ludja's pear ice cream recipe, but with apples. I had planned on using pears, bought the pears, and discovered something new about my husband - he does not like pears! How have I gone for 7 years and not learned this? Have I always eaten ALL of our pear preserves and pear desserts?

Anyway, I added a caramel swirl at the end, so we had caramel apple ice cream, and it was wonderful! I really want to try it with pure pear now!

#32 Kameron Ray

Kameron Ray
  • participating member
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Make the pumpkin like a pumpkin pie - just cook the custard base and add the spices and roast pumpkin, blender, chill, freeze. We had pumpkin pie ice cream at Halloween when I worked in an ice cream shop in high school. We always sold out. If you can't find a pumpkin, butternut squash is really nice too.

Now I want some! Posted Image

Wooow I had no idea this existed!! it sounds incredible..oooooohhh food, how I love thee ^_^ !!