Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Fall/winter flavors of ice cream

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 amccomb

amccomb
  • participating member
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:19 PM

I ended up using ludja's pear ice cream recipe, but with apples. I had planned on using pears, bought the pears, and discovered something new about my husband - he does not like pears! How have I gone for 7 years and not learned this? Have I always eaten ALL of our pear preserves and pear desserts?

Anyway, I added a caramel swirl at the end, so we had caramel apple ice cream, and it was wonderful! I really want to try it with pure pear now!

#32 Kameron Ray

Kameron Ray
  • participating member
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Make the pumpkin like a pumpkin pie - just cook the custard base and add the spices and roast pumpkin, blender, chill, freeze. We had pumpkin pie ice cream at Halloween when I worked in an ice cream shop in high school. We always sold out. If you can't find a pumpkin, butternut squash is really nice too.

Now I want some! Posted Image

-Linda

Wooow I had no idea this existed!! it sounds incredible..oooooohhh food, how I love thee ^_^ !!