Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Logistics

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fat Guy

Fat Guy
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 07:33 AM

So, I'm already half way across Canada, but the US Web log is a couple of weeks behind my travel schedule. The "Fat Guy Eats Canada" project got developed very much at the last minute and as a result it ate up the time I would have needed to keep up the pace of contemporaneous Weblogs for the US portion of the journey. Of the three that are still to come, one is totally written, one is half written, and one is still notes. I will fill in the blanks when time permits, but the log may not come together as a complete package until later in June. In the meantime, the Canada entries, which take the form of newspaper articles, are proceeding apace:

http://canada.com/na...eatures/fatguy/

Thanks all for your support and patience, and I'll get those missing entries posted as soon as practical.
Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

#2 Blue Heron

Blue Heron
  • participating member
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 08:44 AM

...Of the three that are still to come, one is totally written, one is half written, and one is still notes. I will fill in the blanks when time permits, but the log may not come together as a complete package until later in June. ..

...Thanks all for your support and patience, and I'll get those missing entries posted as soon as practical.

Steven, will we ever get to read anymore of your US trip web log? ie. the part that is totally written? (would that be the Calif. part of your trip?)

#3 Fat Guy

Fat Guy
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 08:46 AM

Yes, you will. Right now we're experimenting with a new format for these Weblog-type reports. I have the next installment set in that format, but it will require waiting for our next software upgrade -- probably mid or late September -- before you can read it.
Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

#4 BobMcNabb

BobMcNabb
  • legacy participant
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 09:28 AM

As a Californian, I'm interested in that soon-to-be-released report that
includes your impressions of CA.

We have a little of everything, and some of the finest wines.

#5 Miguel Gierbolini

Miguel Gierbolini
  • legacy participant
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 06:00 PM

Steven, like Bob, I hope to see soon the rest of the weblog. I read somewhere, was it in your newsletter?, that you will be on the road again soon. Pray tell, if you have not done so already, where are you going?

Keep up the good work. :smile: