Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Comfort Food

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 glossyp

glossyp
  • participating member
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 01:48 PM

I'm enjoying this Q&A very much. Thank you, Eric, for participating and being both eloquent and gracious with your answers.

I would like to know what are your comfort food/s? The things that you crave from time to time and would sorely miss if you couldn't have them.

Edited by glossyp, 17 February 2005 - 01:49 PM.

"Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without." TMJ Jr. R.I.P.

#2 Eric Asimov

Eric Asimov
  • participating member
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:57 PM

Cravings? Have you got a few hours? I'm not a big fan of the term "comfort food,'' as it has come to mean soft, gloppy infantilizing baby food. But as far as cravings go, spaghetti carbonara, fresh bread, Bavarian pretzel rolls from Silver Moon bakery, tea-smoked duck, a big ol' dry-aged steak, Dannon coffee yogurt (except when you get a super-sweet batch), a soft, runny epoisses, oysters, cherries, roast suckling pig, lobster roll, wild salmon with pinot noir or pinot gris, a great hamburger, country ham and biscuits, the freshest possible sushi, fresh beer, still-warm mozzarella, twice-cooked pork, i think i better stop now......

#3 Pan

Pan
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:35 PM

A very broad range of cuisines represented there. I wouldn't have expected any less. :biggrin: