Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Anglo-Caribbean places

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pan

Pan
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:45 PM

We're having a thread in the New York Forum about places to find great Jamaican beef patties, with one answer having just been given. But in any case, for people who really like Jamaican and Trinidadian food but are usually limited to picking up a patty or two at Golden Krusts (which I do consider a very good chain, but nevertheless), where would you advise us to go for food that will really wow us? I'd love to hear recommendations of to-go patty places, but I'm really looking for some terrific Oxtail, Curry Goat, Jerk Chicken and so forth.

#2 Eric Asimov

Eric Asimov
  • participating member
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 08:27 PM

well off the top of my head, if you go up to Gun Hill Road in the Bronx, or to Flatbush in Brooklyn, you'll find neighborhoods with quite a few very good Jamaican places. I love Jerk Center, and also Vernon's New Jerk House in the Bronx. The Feeding Tree near Yankee Stadium is also a really good place.