Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

your bio, please?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alacarte

alacarte
  • participating member
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:55 AM

Thanks again for answering our many questions!

Although we have your basic bio, would you please give us some more info about yourself? -- how you got started, your credentials in the food world (did you go to culinary school?), what you did before the restaurant beat, other endeavors related or not related to the newspaper biz?

Edited by alacarte, 15 February 2005 - 09:58 AM.

#2 Eric Asimov

Eric Asimov
  • participating member
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 08:09 PM

I'm afraid my credentials in the food world are no more than an enormous appetite and a passion for all kinds of food and wine. I started writing occasionally about food when I was a young editor in national news at The Times -- although I had sort of been writing about food for myself for years. Actually, my first article was for my high school paper back in the 1970's -- a beer tasting -- a VERY different era! I eventually became editor of the Living Section, as the food pages used to be called, and started reviewing restaurants in 1992.

I'm not trained as a chef, though I love to cook, nor have I ever worked in a restaurant, except as a prep cook/dishwasher in high school and summers.

My training in wine comes under the category of copious personal research.....