Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Greetings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Eric Asimov

Eric Asimov
  • participating member
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 08:49 PM

Thank you all so much for having me, and I look forward to a lively, enriching conversation this week.

Eagerly,
Eric

#2 Fat Guy

Fat Guy
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 08:36 AM

Thanks so much for joining us!

For those of you who don't dwell often in the New York, Food Media & News and Wine forums, or who would like to know a bit more about Eric Asimov before commenting, please have a look at . . .

In the eG Forums:

$25 and Under: who misses Asimov?

NYT “Main Review” versus “$25 and Under”.

Asimov on four restaurants in Napa.

Elsewhere online:

Eric Asimov's writings appear every week in the New York TimesDining In, Dining Out” section.

Announcement of Eric Asimov's elevation to New York Times chief wine writer, reprinted on Gawker.

A 1997 CuisiNet online chat with Eric Asimov.

Also, just a quick administrative note to those who are participating in the Q&A: our guest is looking forward to engaging the eGullet Society membership in a lively discussion, and that means follow-up questions are part of the process; however, when a new question has been asked, please wait for our guest to answer it before you post any follow-up or try to answer it yourself! Many thanks.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)