Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Eric Asimov

Eric Asimov
  • participating member
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 08:49 PM

Thank you all so much for having me, and I look forward to a lively, enriching conversation this week.

#2 Fat Guy

Fat Guy
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 08:36 AM

Thanks so much for joining us!

For those of you who don't dwell often in the New York, Food Media & News and Wine forums, or who would like to know a bit more about Eric Asimov before commenting, please have a look at . . .

In the eG Forums:

$25 and Under: who misses Asimov?

NYT “Main Review” versus “$25 and Under”.

Asimov on four restaurants in Napa.

Elsewhere online:

Eric Asimov's writings appear every week in the New York TimesDining In, Dining Out” section.

Announcement of Eric Asimov's elevation to New York Times chief wine writer, reprinted on Gawker.

A 1997 CuisiNet online chat with Eric Asimov.

Also, just a quick administrative note to those who are participating in the Q&A: our guest is looking forward to engaging the eGullet Society membership in a lively discussion, and that means follow-up questions are part of the process; however, when a new question has been asked, please wait for our guest to answer it before you post any follow-up or try to answer it yourself! Many thanks.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)