Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Saludos!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#31 Explorer

Explorer
  • participating member
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:52 AM

If the ideal gastronomy existed, perhaps you are the closest to taking it to newer heights. The paradigm shifting that is your trademark is certainly the closest to a next evolution that is making many others think (for years to come) about the boundaries that we already knew.
If I was sitting in front of you, I would ask "Is this a rethorical or philosophical question"? Well, you have already generated a lot of rethoric, judging by the posts here. But philosophically speaking- and I suspect that this where you get a lot of your intellectual creativity- gastronomy is part art, part fashion so it will thrive and die on innovation, no matter what personal opinions might be.

But to think of gastronomy as whatever each one of us thinks it is, although is a humbling statement- somehow lessens the sublime that can be achieved when the synergy of taste, technique, presentation and smell converge magically.

If great food awakens pleasant emotions; in my view- the ideal gastronomy is when an orgasm of emotions has been reached.
"I hate people who are not serious about their meals." Oscar Wilde