Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Jap Chae Noodles

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Hiroyuki

Hiroyuki
  • participating member
  • 5,124 posts
  • Location:Shiozawa area of Minami Uonuma city, Niigata, Japan

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:02 AM

That depends on your preference! I prefer regular harumame.

#32 heidih

heidih
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 10,798 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

That packet of potato starch noodles has been falling off the top shelf on a regular basis in the pantry for a couple years. I decided to address it today. Of course I had no spinach, no scallions, and no tree ear mushrooms. I did a pantry version with white onion, cremini mushroom, and carrot for the vegetable and added garlic chive and cilantro (non traditional). The version I get from my local Korean mart does not contain sesame seeds though online recipes tend to. I smashed some dry roasted peanuts and added them for the nutty element. I did use a good soy and sesame oil as well as piloncillo for the sugar element. Had some frozen little chilis from last years crop so I briefly warmed them in some plain white vinegar to add as a condiment. I like this dish at room temp. This version is quite enjoyable.

005.JPG

010.JPG

008.JPG