Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Chinese Green Teas

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow
  • participating member
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

I'm looking to buy two Chinese green teas: Jasmine Pearl and Yong Xi Huo Qing. Can anyone suggest an on line retailer where I can get both teas--good quality and reasonable prices? Thanks much!

#62 Mjx

Mjx
  • manager
  • 6,371 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

I'm looking to buy two Chinese green teas: Jasmine Pearl and Yong Xi Huo Qing. Can anyone suggest an on line retailer where I can get both teas--good quality and reasonable prices? Thanks much!

I've found the teas from Harney & Son quite good, and their site does list the pearl jasmine, although I don't see the Yong Xi Huo Qing (does it go by any other name/spelling?).

Michaela, aka "Mjx"
Manager, eG Forums
mscioscia@egstaff.org

#63 Wholemeal Crank

Wholemeal Crank
  • participating member
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

I've gotten nice quality Jasmine Pearls from qute a few sources--Rishi's are quite nice--although I no longer drink much of it, because I prefer unscented/unflavored teas.  I would trust some of my favorite sources for other teas to have good versions, though, like Norbu, but I'd never heard of Yong Xi Huo Qing until this post.  I prefer more delicate greens on the whole, probably why I've missed it.  One source that does list it is Tea Spring, and though I've not ordered from them, they seem to have a pretty good reputation in several tea forums I frequent, and they've got the jasmine pearls too.

#64 stevem13

stevem13
  • general member
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

I agree, sample size is much more sensible.

the best place to start exploration is to buy sample size teas-not samplers-
many online sites have sample sizes-

many of the sample sizes come in amounts of less 1 oz.-if you don't like a tea-you don't have 2-3oz. of it in your tea collection.
i am not against purchasing samplers-

www.rishi-tea.com
www.tentea.com
www.uptontea.com
www.imperialtea.com
www.teasource.com
www.funalliance.com-they also have chinese tea 101 explanations

joanne

#65 Kent Xie

Kent Xie
  • general member
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:32 AM

Yong Xi Huo Qing, actually, is a Chinese tea name. Yong Xi is a place in Anhui province of China, Huo Qing is a kind of pearl green tea only produced in Yong Xi, not widely drunk, however.

Kent Xie from Fujian of China, wholesale the best loose tea directly from my local tea gardens. The most widely drunk teas, like as black tea, white tea, Oolong tea, and jasmine green tea originated in my homeland, Fujian of China.

Contact me if you want to taste or resell organic finest loose teas directly from China. My site is, buyfromkent.net .

#66 Ada_Foley

Ada_Foley
  • participating member
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:58 AM

Yong Xi Huo Qing, actually, is a Chinese tea name. Yong Xi is a place in Anhui province of China, Huo Qing is a kind of pearl green tea only produced in Yong Xi, not widely drunk, however.

Hi Kent, it seems that you are very professional on the teas produced in China. My sister and me have been drinking Chinese green tea for a while, and we mainly bought bagged teas from our local retailers, can you do a few recommendations on this regard? Thank you!