Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

What is Next?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 docsconz

docsconz
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:06 PM

You have written extensively on various facets of Italian food and artisanal production. What haven't you yet covered that is high on your list?

Thanks.
John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."
- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

#2 pamela in tuscany

pamela in tuscany
  • participating member
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:39 AM

I’m still in recovery from my book about salumi! Which is to say that a lot of other work was on hold while I finished it. Some things wouldn’t wait, such as the apples, quince, and plums (a local variety that some people call ‘coscia di monaca’, or nun’s thighs), and mowing down the olive fields (overgrown because we had tooooo much rain in the spring). Now I am up to my shoulders in figs and before long we will have the olive harvest…

Posted Image

But, back to the question….I do have a few ideas fermenting, perhaps something about canning/preserving from my Tuscan garden. Or something about the regional cheeses
Pamela Sheldon Johns
Italian Food Artisans
www.FoodArtisans.com