Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Nebbiolo outside the Langhe region

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Boris_A

Boris_A
  • participating member
  • 683 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 04:20 AM

Caro Andrea!

Thank you for sharing your time and attention with eGullet.

Nebbiolo ist my favourite red grape variety and without any doubt it reaches it's most splendid expression with the wines from the Langhe region.
With regard to your profound knowledge and understanding of this variety, what wines, producers or wine styles from outside the Langhe (Ghemme, Valtellino, ... for example) did impress you?

Grazie and regards, Boris from Zurigo
Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler.

#2 Andrea Sottimano

Andrea Sottimano
  • participating member
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 12:42 AM

Hi Boris,

Nebbiolo outside the Langhe region could be sometimes really outstanding(of course, only in certain zones).
One of my favourite is Antoniolo, in Gattinara: try their Osso San Grato 99, really amazing for the minerality and the concentration!

Then, I like also the wines from Sella(always in the North Piemonte),Antichi Vigneti Cantalupo( I've tried their Breclamae 89, Beautiful!), Ioppa.

Best,

Andrea
Andrea Sottimano
Azienda Agricola Sottimano, Barbaresco (Neive)

#3 Boris_A

Boris_A
  • participating member
  • 683 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 11:26 PM

Andrea!

Thank you so much for your hints. I'll try to sample some of these wines.
And I thank you immensly for all your thougthful responses here. What a pleasure to read through your posts!

Salutoni!
Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler.