Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

THANKS for a fascinating Q&A!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rich Pawlak

Rich Pawlak
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 12:15 AM

We surely can hold our own in the Beer Forum on eGullet (and some of you HAVE been holding yours a bit too long...), and BIG THANKS to Ray and Cornelia for their thoughtful responses to your equally thoughtful, and thought-provoking questions.

When we all do manage to gather for a gather-worthy beer event in the future, let's hope Ray and Cornelia can be a part of it; you'll find them as fascinating in person as they have been all this week.

GREAT JOB everybody, I hope we can keep the topics flowing all summer!

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

#2 Alekeep

Alekeep
  • participating member
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 07:25 AM

Rich,

Thanks for having us here. What a great time.

I didn't know what to expect when I signed up for this but I figured it couldn't be too difficult. I'm not unaccustomed to talking about beer with beer drinkers. What caught me off guard is the questions from a different perspective than I am used to. I had to step back, scratch my head, and think about things differently.

Thanks too to everyone else who participated. As I mentioned in a response to a post from malarkey, I had no intention of trying to convert anyone from grape to grain but if anything I said gives anyone cause to consider beer where they wouldn't have before, I'm satisfied.

Cheers!
Life's a journey... pack a cooler!