Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

The Ledbury

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#181 Harters

Harters
  • participating member
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

Typical Mail story focussing more on the fact that the offender is (1) an immigrant and (2) housed by the local authority than the fact he is simply a common criminal.
John Hartley

#182 adey73

adey73
  • participating member
  • 604 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

John, your 1000th post is one decrying the Daily Heil.
I salute you with a tip of the hat.

Edited by adey73, 09 August 2012 - 04:03 AM.

“Do you not find that bacon, sausage, egg, chips, black pudding, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, fried bread and a cup of tea; is a meal in itself really?” Hovis Presley.

#183 Harters

Harters
  • participating member
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

Blimey. If I'd spotted it was going to be a milestone, I'd have made it more pithy.

Yours

The Gobby Cestrian
John Hartley

#184 RDB

RDB
  • participating member
  • 471 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

Well desrved 1000 and appropriately timed:-)

#185 Will

Will
  • participating member
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

I'm there near the bottom left in a slightly longer clip from the same video at:

I would rather have my wife's rings back than have these folks serving long sentences, but...

BBC also has the same videos, and a little less over-the-top coverage.
http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-19182350

Edited by Will, 09 August 2012 - 04:57 PM.

#186 MaLO

MaLO
  • participating member
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

The day after Hedone we went to The Ledbury. The Ledbury is my favourite place to eat and this was another fantastic lunch.

We ate

Foie tartlets. Tiny and both delicate and rich, lightened with a little fruit. pictured elsewhere on the thread.

Saint-Nectaire Truffle Toast. This is such a good thing to eat.

truffle cheese toast.JPG

Chantilly and Tartare of Cornish Oysters with Frozen Horseradish and Dill. I love oyster and this is great. We did share half a dozen oysters and a ginger pig sausage roll for breakfast too!

oyster chantilly.jpg

Roast Scottish Scallop with Lobster Puree, Grilled Leeks and Riesling. Possibly the largest scallop I have eaten. Cooked perfectly and tasted as good as it looked.

scallop braised leek.jpg

A Plate of Root Vegetables with Hazelnuts, Lardo di Colonatta and Roasting Juices. A simple-ish, tasty plate of seasonal good things. Not in focus - I blame the phone - sorry!

roasted vegetables and lardo.jpg

Sea Bass with Broccoli Stem, Crab and Black Quinoa

seabass black quinoa.jpg

Breast of Quail with Walnuts, Cepes and Pear

quail ceps.jpg

Roe deer, boudin and marrow with beetroot and red leaves

roe deer.jpg

Short Rib of Ruby Red Beef with Smoked Onion,Pickled Walnuts and Grated English Wasabi

beef.jpg

English wasabi and sharkskin grater

wasabi.jpg

We shared some excellent cheese

cheese.jpg

Pre dessert sea buckthorn and meringues

pre dessert.jpg

And for dessert we ate

Mille-Feuille of Mango, Vanilla and Kaffir Lime

millefuille.jpg

Blackcurrant and Vanilla Tart with Blackcurrant Leaf Ice Cream and another ofThinly Sliced Figs with Ewes Milk Yoghurt and Fig Leaf Ice Cream

figs & blackcurrant tart.jpg

I could go on about how good each plate was. I wont. It was all great. Service was great, food delicious and the wine (chosen by the sommelier) was perfect too.

I have eaten here a few times over the past twelve months. I cant wait to go back.
Martin

#187 Tim6

Tim6
  • participating member
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

What does the wasabi go with?

EDIT: My bad, didn't read it properly.

Edited by Tim6, 09 November 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#188 bluebereft

bluebereft
  • participating member
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

i was here on my birthday, and loved the meal. my girlfriend doesn't eat foie, and somehow that translated itself to no foie for either of us. but the dishes were lovely nonetheless. we split the wine pairings, and the wines were great too.