Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Lunch in Elizabeth

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#241 BKEats

BKEats
  • participating member
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:17 AM

This was awesome.. My wife is not eating tomato sauce while she is producing sustenance for our little guy so, I have not been making tomato sauce.  There were a bunch of things on the menu that stood out but, I couldn't pass on the tomato sauce. 

The guy three people down at the bar was eating the cow feet special and it looked awesome..But, the mussels and grouper were fantastic.. lots of garlic, a light tomato sauce, fried grouper and green mussels..  The fish store they buy their fish from, is my go to spot.  I almost bought the grouper last night so, I was happy to have them cook it for me.. the mussels were definitely frozen as all they have are the black guys.. But, these were definitely green shelled and I could tell, previously frozen.  Surprisingly, good despite me expecting them to be bad. 

Here is the menu: 

Trash fish abound:

16917939015_2c7c412c29_c.jpg

Loved the vegetables too..  A glass of wine or two and three espressos and a sambuca 

16730267988_0a061c9b91_c.jpg

• Thanks for the Crepes likes this

#242 rotuts

rotuts
  • participating member
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:24 AM

Im so impressed.  thank's for taking over this thread from "your friend"

everybody's lunch at the Rest's are sooooooo much better than mine

but I pretend to not mind :   (   :raz:  )

looks like your selection was Spot On

I do wonder what Cow Feet are and how that worked out ....

another time !