Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Favorite places to dine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jscarbor

jscarbor
  • participating member
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 02:06 PM

Robb, is it hard for you to have a favorite restaurant? Is there a place you like to dine at frequently, or are you not able to go to many places frequently because you have a job to do?

What is a place you wished you could eat at more often?

I was really thinking from a Houston standpoint of course.

PS I always anticipate your reviews.

Edited by jscarbor, 11 February 2004 - 02:07 PM.

#2 Robb Walsh

Robb Walsh
  • participating member
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 02:36 PM

I have to keep eating at different restaurants, but that's not really such a hardship. I do have a few regular stops. I hit Droubi's on Hillcroft at least once a week for fresh out of the oven pita and homemade lebni, although I usually get the food to go. (They sell Italian mortadella for $3.99 a pound, it's $6.99 at Central Market.)

I like to take out of town visitors to Hong Kong City Mall. After a tour of the food court and Hong Kong supermarket, we go to Ocean Palace for dim sum. They serve it everyday and its very good. I go to A Dong on Bellaire in the summer for the cuttlefish and the jellyfish salad--great hot weather food.

By the way, I suspect at 75,000 square feet, Hong Kong supermarket may be the largest Asian grocery in the United States. Anyone know of anything bigger?