Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Potato Chips!

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#241 dcarch

dcarch
  • participating member
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

I have not read the entire thread. I apologize if this idea has already been presented:

Always turn the bag upside down when opening a bag of chips and eat from the bottom up. This way you eat the broken chips first and get to enjoy the whole ones at the end.

dcarch

My philosophy is the opposite. Eat the best things first for maximum appreciation. Then you can let your dog eat the broken bits of whatever on the bottom, because you are already deeply satisfied.

But consider this also:

The current epidemic obesity problem is mostly caused by " I will just eat the broken ones".

So if you deplete the broken ones from the start, you will have no more excuses to over-eat.

dcarch :-)

#242 Jaymes

Jaymes
  • participating member
  • 7,339 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

I have not read the entire thread. I apologize if this idea has already been presented:

Always turn the bag upside down when opening a bag of chips and eat from the bottom up. This way you eat the broken chips first and get to enjoy the whole ones at the end.

dcarch

My philosophy is the opposite. Eat the best things first for maximum appreciation. Then you can let your dog eat the broken bits of whatever on the bottom, because you are already deeply satisfied.

I like to scramble the "broken bits" in with my morning eggs.  And top with a bit of hot sauce.

#243 pastameshugana

pastameshugana
  • society donor
  • 406 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

gallery_26331_941_13455.jpg

This picture was taken by a colleague in New Dehli a couple of weeks ago...

I'd be interested in trying the Uncle Chipps Chilli-Cha-Cha, the Kurkure Masala Munch, Lay's Chaat Street, and the Lay's Spanish ...<something> Tango!

Replying to a post that's 8 years old? Oh well, here goes!

We lived in India 2.5 years, and the Lays Spanish Tomato Tango were my 2nd favorite Lays flavor, the first being 'American Cream and Onion'. We didn't eat the Uncle Chipps but the Kurkure made an appearance every now and again.

PastaMeshugana
"The roar of the greasepaint, the smell of the crowd."
"What's hunger got to do with anything?" - My Father
My eG Food Blog (2011)

#244 Shel_B

Shel_B
  • participating member
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

I find commercial potato chips too salty these days, and the flavored chips to "artificial" and "chemical" tasting.  Most chips are greasy and taste little like potatoes.  From some of the posts I've read here, it seems that quite a few people like their chips greasy and/or salty.

Recently I had lunch at a newish neighborhood place, and was surprised to discover that they make their own potato chips.  These were the best chips I ever had - not greasy, lightly salted, crisp and crunchy, and a rich potato flavor.  Made with good quality, organic potatoes and decent oil.  Yummy!

Anyone else prefer homemade or non-commercial chips?

.... Shel

#245 ChrisTaylor

ChrisTaylor
  • host
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

I didn't know until just now that Blair's--as in Blair's hot sauce--made crisps. Picked up an overpriced bag of the Buffalo flavour from USA Foods, a grocer that is exactly what it sounds like (shelves of hot sauce, junk food and, oddly, toothpaste and the like). They're pretty good. Just not hand cut by honey-skinned virgins or anything like that, which is what you'd expect when paying loopy import prices.

Chris Taylor

Host, eG Forums - ctaylor@egstaff.org

I've never met an animal I didn't enjoy with salt and pepper.

Melbourne
Harare, Victoria Falls and some places in between

#246 Akram Hossain

Akram Hossain
  • general member
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

hmm  I support FristFullarous

Tnks