Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Loco Moco

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Lopaka

Lopaka
  • participating member
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 10:28 PM

Tonight I had the loco moco platelunch at "Da Kitchen", a four-month-old establishment in Mountain View, California. The very large portion of loco was sufficient unto itself, the two scoops rice and one scoop salad were culinary overload. The hamburger had a decided bacon flavor and the thick gravy was loaded with onions. The salad was just macaroni and some kind of tasteless white dressing holding it together. Wouldn't have hurt to have some tuna or green pepper in it. All in all worth $8.95. Still have that full feeling 5 hours later.

#32 PakePorkChop

PakePorkChop
  • participating member
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:44 AM

Wow, that's a big one, Lopaka!

Sorry, gang, I sent the wrong link. This should be it:

http://www.fodors.co...hText=loco moco

#33 skchai

skchai
  • participating member
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:02 AM

Lopaka, are there a lot of Hawai`i local-style restaurants in Mountain View and the rest of the bay area? I lived there around 10 years ago and it was impossible to find anything. . .

PPC, great thread on Fodor's site. Are all the threads that great? I especially like the part where the various posters were comparing the patty / price and scoop rice / price ratios. Never had the Sidestreet Inn Loco-Moco, but the posts make we want to try.

BTW, in order to access the site, you need to register. . .

Sun-Ki Chai
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~sunki/

Former Hawaii Forum Host

#34 Lopaka

Lopaka
  • participating member
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:41 PM

Lopaka,  are there a lot of Hawai`i local-style restaurants in Mountain View and the rest of the bay area?  I lived there around 10 years ago and it was impossible to find anything. . .

Ah, but things are different now. Google on over to "San Francisco Bay Area Hawaiian Food" and you will see what we have.

#35 PakePorkChop

PakePorkChop
  • participating member
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 11:10 AM

oops! Sorry, SK, I forgot about the Fodors registration procedure!

Most of the threads on Fodors have to do with travel, destination accomodations, etc. Every so often an inquiry will be made about breakfast spots, honeymoon dinners, fish houses, and the like.

btw, I will be emailing the El Charro pictures to you. If we wait for me to get educated in picture-posting, we may be old and gray!

#36 powerplantop

powerplantop
  • participating member
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:16 PM

Posted Image

Hamburger steak, fried spam, fried rice, fried egg mushroom gravy and macaroni salad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X8Mj7aqygk