Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Your cookbooks

Cookbook

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 helenas

helenas
  • participating member
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:53 PM

It just happened that your Mediterranean Greens and Grains was one of two cookbooks that enticed me into cooking (the other one was Vongericthen's Cooking at Home With a Four-Star Chef - both appeared at the same time in my local bookstore).
Among your books, which one is your favorite, or the one you still can't believe you actually did it :wub:

Also, out of your vast cookbook collection, what books really stand out, especially recent ones?

Thank you , Helena

#2 Wolfert

Wolfert
  • participating member
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 02:49 PM

Helenas:

I'm in love with all of my books. Each one is different and yet they each have the Mediterranean (and a few miles north here or there) in common, and so I view them as parts of a single larger work -- my life's work, if you will. I hope that doesn't sound too pretentious. I also like to think that the five year interval between each book allows me to grow and change.

The book I particularly like this season is Paul Bertolli's "Made by Hand." My favorites last year were Judy Rodgers' Zuni book and William Rubel's "The Magic of the Fire."
“C’est dans les vieux pots, qu’on fait la bonne soupe!”, or ‘it is in old pots that good soup is made’.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cookbook