Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

HELP - how to make thick cookies

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Elizabeth_11

Elizabeth_11
  • participating member
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 07:21 AM

You might want to try increasing the baking temp and baking for a shorter amount of time. This allows the proteins to set up faster before spreading occurs. Try 375 degrees and see if that helps maybe. Just a thought!
-Elizabeth

Mmmmmmm chocolate.

#32 twist77

twist77
  • participating member
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 01:19 PM

Had some great success over the weaken tweaking temp & times using Elizabeth11's great recipe. In addition, instead of keeping the batter in the freezer during each baking session, I preformed each 1/2 cup "puck" and then placed in freezer - I think this really helped to maintain the shape and height.

Now that I'm zeroing in on the recipe & baking, I'd love to hear some great suggestions for ingredients... Perhaps you have some interesting combos? Gourmet additions? Or just general tips on ingredient choices (ie: chocolate recomendations, vanilla extract recomendations et)

Thanks again for all the help