Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Everything ramen

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 nakji

nakji
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:17 AM

I would suggest buying one of expensive brands of ramen noodles and making ramen by yourself.

Oh, dear. I'm not sure if I'm up for that, since my broth skills are parlous. Harukiya had a shopfront at the museum, but we didn't try it, so perhaps we should give it a chance, since we don't mind "oily" so much.

I just wanted to clarify that when my partner advised against "places that serve a variety of different styles of ramen" he didn't mean somewhere like the Yokohama Ramen Museum. Each restaurant there concentrates on their own speciality.

Oh no, I got what you meant. And I did really enjoy that Sapporo miso ramen.

#32 MoGa

MoGa
  • participating member
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:06 PM

http://www.01ch.com/ramen/anaya.html
Anaya
2-4-3 Honmachi, Shibuya ku, Tokyo
MAP showing relation to Shinjuku & Yoyogi stations

This is a Tsukemen Ramen recommendation - the odd thing about this place is that it's one restaurant in the afternoons, but a completely different one in the evenings. The recommendation is for lunch times.

Here's another link that suggests it's called Naito at night.
http://gourmet.lived...s/detail/19906/
The photo shows their 'shoyu tamago'

----

There's a clip of a shio ramen restaurant in this youtube link

that he can recommend called Aiueo
3-1-11 Meguro
MAP in relation to Meguro station

I'm afraid we can't give you a good recommendation for shoyu ramen after all.

Edited by MoGa, 02 May 2008 - 02:26 AM.

#33 CKatCook

CKatCook
  • participating member
  • 594 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:13 AM

I would to have a really good ramen recipe. I understand it is one of those foods that have a few ingredients but is really hard to get right. But if someone knows I good one I would appreciate having it.

Thanks!
"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"
-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child

#34 Soup

Soup
  • participating member
  • 612 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:19 AM

I love ramen. Had excellent ramen in the bay area (santa ramen rocks) but have been a bit dissappointed in NY.

Search for Ramen Top30 on youtube. pretty interesting stuff.

#35 MoGa

MoGa
  • participating member
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:02 AM

I would to have a really good ramen recipe. I understand it is one of those foods that have a few ingredients but is really hard to get right. But if someone knows I good one I would appreciate having it.

Thanks!

View Post

I'm not sure what you mean by 'a few ingredients', whether you mean 'not many' or 'lots'.

For my way of thinking, ramen preparation borders on the 'lots of ingredients needed', certainly in comparison to soba, udon or somen, which is why few Japanese people ever make restaurant style ramen at home yet might try their hand preparing the other noodles.

Anyway, I'm digressing. There is already a thread in this forum dedicated to ramen recipes. Hopefully, you can find the answers you want there:

http://forums.egulle...?showtopic=2298

#36 CKatCook

CKatCook
  • participating member
  • 594 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:49 AM

Thank you, for the link. I posted the comment and then I scrolled down.

It seems like most ramen recipes I looked up on the internet there was not as many ingredients and I would have expected to see for a dish that looks (to the untrained, mind you) eye. That is what I mean by few, as in number of, ingredients.
"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"
-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child

#37 GlorifiedRice

GlorifiedRice
  • participating member
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

Does anyone know an online source for the Nissin Cup Noodle varieties

BIG MEAT Cup Noodle
TACO Cup Noodle

Also who makes the bowl noodles with the slice of kamaboku or wheat gluten that looks like a panda?

ty
Wawa Sizzli FTW!