Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

What's Everyone's Favorite Beer?

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#211 richtetj

richtetj
  • participating member
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Urban Chestnut's Winged Nut beer. You get a nice taste of malt and hazelnut that makes you feel like you're drinking a really good banana nut bread.

#212 kryptos1

kryptos1
  • participating member
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

Boulevard Pale Ale or Wheat.....they even make a pale ale mustard which is really freaking good (deviled eggs have never been the same). We used to have a company called Flying Monkey but they went out of business.....maybe because my cousin and I kept doing the brew tour every saturday for free beer.

I also like the Abita Pecan Harvest and Hoegaarden.

#213 radtek

radtek
  • participating member
  • 291 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

Right now it is Schlitz High Gravity V.S.L. @ 8.5%!

I pour about 1-2 oz of limeade in a glass and top off with 16oz of Schlitz, making a rather sneakily potent shandy. The lager is ok on it's own but a little sweet for sustained drinking.

#214 Siya Names

Siya Names
  • general member
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

I am also new here, i found this site two day ago and i am here through search engine while i am searching " liquor sites". My favorite beer is Kingfisher and Tuborg beer.

#215 Siya Names

Siya Names
  • general member
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

I have  tasted quite a few beers, but i am always happy to taste more. i like trying all kinds of different craft beers. yuengling is my favourite and shipyard pumpkin is also one mine favourite. 

#216 MasteringTheFlame

MasteringTheFlame
  • participating member
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

My favorite beer really depends upon the season. It really changes with the weather. However I really prefer Belgian beers. I really like Saison and Belgian Dark Strong. I do like robust porters as well.

#217 pauleats

pauleats
  • participating member
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

I also like Budlight much. I have a mania to take Bud. You may talk with an expert person in this fact who lives near your house and you and others know the person well. Hope you may find a good and great solution in this matter. Now traveling soon to acrylic cube makeup organizer for though one minute.

#218 ChrisTaylor

ChrisTaylor
  • host
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

Chimay Grand Reserve. I liked it but I'm not sure if the 2012 vintage was good enough for me to consider this, still, my favourite among all beers.

Chris Taylor

Host, eG Forums - ctaylor@egstaff.org

I've never met an animal I didn't enjoy with salt and pepper.

Melbourne
Harare, Victoria Falls and some places in between

#219 Unpopular Poet

Unpopular Poet
  • society donor
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:25 AM

Yuengling is by far my favorite beer. Unfortunately, it isn't available in Chicago...which maybe is ok...keeps it fresh and exciting when I can have it.

#220 Ryan Imgrund

Ryan Imgrund
  • participating member
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

My top 5, in no particular order (except the first one):
1. Red Racer IPA from Vancouver
2. Rhyme and Reason from Burlington, ON
3. Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
4. Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier from Germany
5. Krombacher from Germany
Ryan Imgrund
Food Lover and Published Foodborne Pathogen Expert

#221 kayb

kayb
  • society donor
  • 899 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

If I'm cooking with it -- Green Flash Double Stout. If I'm drinking it -- Boulevard's Long Strange Trippel.

Yuengling Lager is also marvelous. I bootleg it on a regular basis.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

#222 Siya Names

Siya Names
  • general member
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

I have  tasted quite a few beers, but i am always happy to taste more. i like trying all kinds of different craft beers. yuengling is my favourite and shipyard pumpkin is also great smoke https://www.cubancigarsbest.com/index.php/cohiba-robustos.html. 

#223 la.april

la.april
  • participating member
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

I'm surprised to find german beers so rarely here:

1.Becks

2.Bitburger

3.Corona (I know its not german)