Scheduled Downtime

NOTICE: The eG Forums will be offline for several hours on Friday, November 28 for system maintenance.

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Trotter Like Experience in DC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 awbrig

awbrig
  • legacy participant
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 07:57 PM

Hi Tom,

We are coming to DC at the end of June and Im looking for the best possible dining experience in DC in regards to professional service, formal ambiance, exotic and luxury food-stuffs and a quality wine list. A knock out night! Something along the lines of a Charlie Trotters or a Sanford - theres a Milwaukee connection for ya :smile:

Steve Klc and Vengroff of eGullet have pointed me to Citronelle, Maestro, Galileo and more notably -Laboratorio. Any suggestions...Thanks Tom...

Edited by awbrig, 29 May 2003 - 07:58 PM.

#2 dave88

dave88
  • legacy participant
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 01:06 AM

If you're trying to bring down the house --might as well go to Inn at LW. At least Washington's in the name....

#3 Tom Sietsema

Tom Sietsema
  • legacy participant
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 05:52 AM

Ah, you are in good hands -- those restaurants would be some of my suggestions as well.

You might add to the lineup Palena in Cleveland Park and the recently-opened Nectar near the Kennedy Center. I also like 2941 in Falls Church, which might even have its patio open by the time you visit.