Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Paris Restaurant Suggestions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 David Bizer

David Bizer
  • legacy participant
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 05:54 AM

Thank you Marina for sharing with us! I'm excited to try the mushroom recipe. The flavors sound exquisite.

I was wondering if you have come across any restaurants in Paris serving traditional cuisine from the region?

#2 Marina Chang

Marina Chang
  • participating member
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 07:37 AM

I wish I could help you, but I regret to say that although I have made several trips to Spain and southwestern France, I have never set foot in Paris.

I am happy to share the ‘reply’ button with anyone who can help answer David’s question.

- Marina.
[size="2"][/size]Marina C.

#3 Louisa Chu

Louisa Chu
  • participating member
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 09:00 PM

Marina, David and I are neighbors in Paris. There are actually a couple Basque restaurants right in our arrondissement that I hear from French friends are quite good.

For very typical Basque cuisine there's
Chez l'Ami Jean
27 rue Malar
7th, Metro Invalides
01-47-05-86-89

and for Basque/French bistro
La Fontaine de Mars
129 rue St. Dominique
7th, Metro Ecole Militaire
01-47-05-46-44

There are quite a few others around town, but the default favourite
Au Bascou
38 rue Reaumur
3rd, Metro Arts et Metiers
01-42-72-69-25

Marina, thanks very much for the Q&A. I love that part of the world and can't wait to get back with your book in hand guiding me next time.