Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Bread Basket

Bread

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 ronfland

ronfland
  • legacy participant
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 07:12 AM

The bread basket at Cafe Boulud included a pumpkin seed bread that I thought was MAGNIFICENT. My vote is for pumpkin seeds! (It was a sourdough bread btw.)

#32 bripastryguy

bripastryguy
  • participating member
  • 688 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 07:27 AM

Sinclair,

I am planning on dropping the corm bread in place of another sweet product, as well I may do pretzel rolls with kosher salt.
"Chocolate has no calories....
Chocolate is food for the soul, The soul has no weight, therefore no calories" so said a customer, a lovely southern woman, after consuming chocolate indulgence
SWEET KARMA DESSERTS
www.sweetkarmadesserts.com
550 East Meadow Ave. East meadow, NY 11554
516-794-4478
Brian Fishman

#33 Holly Moore

Holly Moore
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 07:31 AM

Alas. It appears popovers are not to be.

Another idea then. When I dined at La Ferme de mon Pere, Marc Veyrat paired the breads with the courses. I don't remember the details other than a saffron based bread with the fish courses.
Holly Moore
"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com
Twitter

#34 bripastryguy

bripastryguy
  • participating member
  • 688 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 01:22 PM

Ran the bread sticks and pumpkin biscuits (had some canned pumpkin, I didnt want to see it stay on the shelf for a year) I will switch to sweet potato, then yukon gold. The reception was great. The customers loved them. We are planning a honey mustard butter.
Chocolate is food for the soul, The soul has no weight, therefore no calories" so said a customer, a lovely southern woman, after consuming chocolate indulgence
SWEET KARMA DESSERTS
516-794-4478
Brian Fishman

#35 bripastryguy

bripastryguy
  • participating member
  • 688 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 02:48 PM

Ran the pretzels, warm (shaped in stick form) with a whippe dbutter made with honey and whole grain mustard. A customer threatened the waitress not to take the bread basket away and then begged for more pretzels. The simplest things can make people happy.
SWEET KARMA DESSERTS
516-794-4478
Brian Fishman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bread