Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Hello

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 tcamp

tcamp
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

I am tcamp and have been reading these forums for several years w/o participating. I am active on chowhound with this user name. I have been cooking for family, friends, and groups for many years. I am not a food professional but have taken various classes over the years. I work full time and have a spouse and 2 teens so most of my weekday cooking is of the hash-slinging variety with weekends dedicated to food projects. In addition to home cooking and food preservation, I'm interested in local foods, food politics, and health and nutrition.

#2 Smithy

Smithy
  • host
  • 3,997 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

Welcome, tcamp. It's nice to know your reading here has inspired you to participate. Maybe you'll post about some of your weekend cooking projects? If you have any questions about how things work on these forums, don't be shy about asking a host.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

#3 cowboyardee

cowboyardee
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

Hey tcamp

good to see you 

#4 scubadoo97

scubadoo97
  • participating member
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

Welcome to Egullet tcamp.

#5 c oliver

c oliver
  • participating member
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

Hey, tcamp!  Glad to see fellow 'hounds showing up here.