Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 stuart1232

stuart1232
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

Hello, my name is Stuart, I am from Herefordshire, England. I am 26 and has in the last 6 months got bitten by the food bug.... no not food poisoning but the passion for cooking with fresh produce and flavour :)

I hope to learn alot here as it seems there is a lot of different cultures.

I hope to be posting more when I get the hang of this app im using.

Stuart
  • gfweb likes this

#2 Smithy

Smithy
  • host
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

Welcome, Stuart! I think you'll find yourself in good company here: passionate, curious, helpful cooks and learners at all stages, and from a variety of cultural backgrounds. The collective knowledge and experience is enough to spark spirited debate; you can get help and/or opinions about pretty much anything.

As for technical issues: as you learn your app, feel free to ask the hosts via PM if you have forum-specific technical questions; as a rule, you'll be able to get answers either from the help files or from some technically savvy staff member.

We're glad to have you join us!

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

#3 stuart1232

stuart1232
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:38 AM

Thanks Smithy, I have got to grips with the app now, easy to use :)

#4 Kim Shook

Kim Shook
  • participating member
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

Hello, Stuart and welcome to eGullet!  I love your part of the world.  My husband and I spent a few days in Gloucestershire a couple of years ago and could hardly bear to leave.  I look forward to seeing your contributions here!

#5 stuart1232

stuart1232
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

Hi Kim, we do truly live in a gorgeous part of the world. We've got some nice sun at the moment (very rare ;) ) its helping my strawberries to ripen. Maybe a strawberry a tart is in order?

#6 Kim Shook

Kim Shook
  • participating member
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

Hi Kim, we do truly live in a gorgeous part of the world. We've got some nice sun at the moment (very rare ;) ) its helping my strawberries to ripen. Maybe a strawberry a tart is in order?

Oh, yes!  I'd love to see that.  If you are able, post it on the dessert thread here:  http://forums.egulle...ng-2014–/page-8

• Smithy likes this