Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Charleston Revisited

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 et alors

et alors
  • participating member
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:03 AM

I'm not seeing any posts more recently than three years old, I apologize if I've missed something...

Heading to Charleston for a few days and looking for one impressive magical multi-course meal for a goodly sized group (we tend to run 6-10) and several smaller venues for tasty but not as bank-busting.

Also, BBQ. Because BBQ.

Any advice? Anything gone down hill? Any hot new kid doing magic in the kitchen?

Thanks!
"Gourmandise is not unbecoming to women: it suits the delicacy of their organs and recompenses them for some pleasures they cannot enjoy, and for some evils to which they are doomed." Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

MetaFooder: linking you to food | @foodtwit

#2 et alors

et alors
  • participating member
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

Been here a few days. I started with this http://www.nytimes.c...pe=article&_r=0

We dined at The Ordinary and it was extraordinary. The seafood tower is stunning, lobster cooked perfectly, oysters sweet (and shucked well) crab Louis and razor clam salad delicious... Sigh.
post-16205-0-62052200-1402691955.jpg

Virginias has become a go-to for breakfast and lunch. Their she crab soup and fried pickles are outstanding. We also dined at Hominy grill which has a great shrimp and grits. We cpgrabbed a snack at Boone's and the Pim cup and crap cake on crispy chicken skins were yummy.

Tonight: Edmunds Oast

Edited by Mjx, 14 June 2014 - 01:51 AM.

• SylviaLovegren likes this
"Gourmandise is not unbecoming to women: it suits the delicacy of their organs and recompenses them for some pleasures they cannot enjoy, and for some evils to which they are doomed." Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

#3 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 9,996 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

Nothing better than crap cake on crispy chicken skins!  (sorry couldn't resist)

Edited by Kerry Beal, 13 June 2014 - 06:08 PM.

• SylviaLovegren likes this

#4 et alors

et alors
  • participating member
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:20 AM

I should have known better than posting on an ipad! Typos!

image.jpg

Another night, another tower, this time of house cured meat at Edmunds Oast. They have been open four months now, and have scaled back their menu a lot. I was hoping for something more like the NYT article, but having made the journey there, I stayed. It was delicious. We followed with corn pudding, yellowtail crudo, picked shrimp toast, grouper, a perfect steak and a lovely chicken porridge that is way tastier than it sounds.

#5 SylviaLovegren

SylviaLovegren
  • participating member
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

No help here at all, but yum.