Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Drinks! 2014 (Part 2)

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#151 FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse
  • society donor
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

Gin and Tonic, picnic edition (for today's lunch at the nearby park). 

14915315999_9f3e85cb8e_z.jpg

Edited by FrogPrincesse, 31 August 2014 - 10:22 PM.

• Tri2Cook and Rafa like this

#152 JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker
  • participating member
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:33 PM

Gin and Tonic, picnic edition (for today's lunch at the nearby park). 

Is that garnished with a carp?

• Tri2Cook likes this

#153 FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse
  • society donor
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:47 PM

No, just a large (white) grapefruit peel. 

#154 lesliec

lesliec
  • host
  • 1,100 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:37 PM

I strongly approve, FP.  In summer we've been known to mix up a batch of G&T in a vacuum flask and take it to the beach to enjoy with fish and chips.  One of the great food/drink pairings on a summer evening, that one.

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory

#155 janeer

janeer
  • participating member
  • 1,230 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:43 PM

The Bee's Knees (and it was) from the PDT. Very refreshing in our 104F heat. For some reason I can't insert the pic.             

#156 FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse
  • society donor
  • 2,891 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:32 PM

I strongly approve, FP.  In summer we've been known to mix up a batch of G&T in a vacuum flask and take it to the beach to enjoy with fish and chips.  One of the great food/drink pairings on a summer evening, that one.

I'm with you, Leslie. In the same vein, my G&T was enjoyed with homemade fried chicken. Here is the drink at the park, enjoying the fresh air. There was coconut water from a freshly cracked coconut in the tiki cup, which I ended up adding to the G&T at some point, because why not.

15079034286_a719dcaf72_z.jpg

This morning I had a Benton's Old Fashioned. Instead of bacon-infused bourbon, I used a few drops of Gangsta Lee'n bitters, which taste like smoked almonds with bacon. A fantastic brunch drink because it's breakfast in a glass, with maple syrup, orange, and bacon. 

14922317307_405d084e53_z.jpg

Edited by FrogPrincesse, Yesterday, 10:32 PM.

• Craig E likes this

#157 lesliec

lesliec
  • host
  • 1,100 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:12 PM

It's good to add things to a G&T. I like a drop of lemon cordial and/or St Germaine; coconut would be interesting to try.

As we speak I'm enjoying your Choke Artist. Lovely stuff.

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory

#158 JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker
  • participating member
  • 1,423 posts

Posted Today, 09:27 PM

Today and yesterday have been uncharacteristically warm in New Jersey after such a cool summer (but not warm enough in time to save the tomato crop).  So I warmed up with...I mean I cooled off with a Cana Brava daiquiri, a pineapple Cana Brava daiquiri.  Just because I could.  I used Small Hand pineapple gum in place of regular gum -- 8:2:1 of course.

In these proportions the pineapple was detectable but not exactly hard to miss.  Not a big success.

...Then this white mai tai called to me.  It's nice having a goto beverage I can't seem to tire of.  Particularly as long as the mint is holding out.