Making cocktails is one hobby I have. Another is writing pangrams, which are phrases that include every letter of the alphabet (like "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.") I've actually published a new original pangram every weekday for many years on my admittedly absurd Daily Pangram blog.
These hobbies collided recently when I decided to see if I could write cocktail recipes that were themselves pangrams. I thought you all might get a kick out of the results. Here's the list, which actually starts with a viable recipe but quickly goes south from there:
- Good drink, FYI: just mix up twelve oz. each: limeade, tequila, water, & beer.
- "Happy Kid": a jigger of aqua vitae, six oz. club soda, lemon twist.
- Mix gin & strawberry juice. Freeze overnight. Drink up quickly.
- Mexican tequila, just a dash of key lime bitters, fizzy water. Serve straight up.
- Galaxy Brew: 1 oz. vodka, 1 oz. tequila, a half-teaspoon lemon juice.
- "Execrable Cocktail": two oz. ea. OJ, Plymouth gin,Veuve Clicquot, and Fresca.
- Down a jigger of Sauza tequila, body-check the next person who moves.
- My version of "Sex on the Beach": 2 oz. tequila, Mtn Dew, pickle juice. No garnish.
- A gin fizz, w/ tequila, served in a mop bucket: "The Sexy Janitor."
- Muddle six breakfast patties with soju, freeze in liquid NO2, anchovy garnish.
Edited by Craig E, 06 June 2014 - 07:44 AM.