Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Pangrammatic cocktail recipes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Craig E

Craig E
  • participating member
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

Making cocktails is one hobby I have. Another is writing pangrams, which are phrases that include every letter of the alphabet (like "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.") I've actually published a new original pangram every weekday for many years on my admittedly absurd Daily Pangram blog.

These hobbies collided recently when I decided to see if I could write cocktail recipes that were themselves pangrams. I thought you all might get a kick out of the results. Here's the list, which actually starts with a viable recipe but quickly goes south from there:

• Good drink, FYI: just mix up twelve oz. each: limeade, tequila, water, & beer.
  • "Happy Kid": a jigger of aqua vitae, six oz. club soda, lemon twist.
  • Mix gin & strawberry juice. Freeze overnight. Drink up quickly.
  • Mexican tequila, just a dash of key lime bitters, fizzy water. Serve straight up.
  • Galaxy Brew: 1 oz. vodka, 1 oz. tequila, a half-teaspoon lemon juice.
  • "Execrable Cocktail": two oz. ea. OJ, Plymouth gin,Veuve Clicquot, and Fresca.
  • Down a jigger of Sauza tequila, body-check the next person who moves.
  • My version of "Sex on the Beach": 2 oz. tequila, Mtn Dew, pickle juice. No garnish.
  • A gin fizz, w/ tequila, served in a mop bucket: "The Sexy Janitor."
  • Muddle six breakfast patties with soju, freeze in liquid NO2, anchovy garnish.

Edited by Craig E, 06 June 2014 - 07:44 AM.

#2 Plantes Vertes

Plantes Vertes
  • participating member
  • 894 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

I'm not saying I'd like it, but I'd go as far as no 7 if drinking sequentially :biggrin:

• Craig E likes this

#3 KD1191

KD1191
  • participating member
  • 915 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

If I get to supply the mop bucket, could be swayed to go up to nine.

• Craig E likes this
True rye and true bourbon wake delight like any great wine...dignify man as possessing a palate that responds to them and ennoble his soul as shimmering with the response.

DeVoto, The Hour