Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Drop Biscuits

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Jaymes

Jaymes
  • participating member
  • 7,606 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:29 PM

One of the major reasons I often make drop biscuits, instead of rolled and cut biscuits, is for the craggy, brown and crisp bumps and edges.
No ice cream scoop for me.

BTW, your mention of "the craggy, brown and crisp bumps and edges" reminded me of my very favorite type of drop biscuits from my childhood: cat head.

That really takes me back.
  • andiesenji and DiggingDogFarm like this
"And you, you're just a stinker."

#32 DiggingDogFarm

DiggingDogFarm
  • participating member
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:40 PM

BTW, your mention of "the craggy, brown and crisp bumps and edges" reminded me of my very favorite type of drop biscuits from my childhood: cat head.

That really takes me back.

Just gotta have that sometimes!!!!! Not that I don't also like hand-formed or rolled and cut biscuits when appropriate.

• Jaymes and andiesenji like this

~Martin

Unsupervised rebellious radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, self-reliant homesteader and adventurous cook. Crotchety cantankerous terse curmudgeon, nonconformist and contrarian who questions everything!