Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Top Chef: Duels

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock
  • society donor
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:51 AM

Looks like Bravo has a new addition to the Top Chef franchise: Duels, starting August 6. I'm torn about this one, it could be fun seeing previous TC contestants going one-on-one. Or the challenge rules could be so restrictive and convoluted that there won't be much for the chef's to do. I'm also wondering how much they're ripping off 'Knife Fight.'

#2 weinoo

weinoo
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:35 AM

It's too bad some of those chefs don't just stay in their restaurant kitchens.

• gfron1 likes this
Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"
mweinstein@eGstaff.org
Tasty Travails - My Blog
My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs
Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

#3 Toliver

Toliver
  • participating member
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

Gail Simmons mentioned this new show in a radio interview she gave to promote "Top Chef: Boston".

Again, I question her value as a judge on this show since she is a vegetarian and won't be able to eat a lot of the dishes that will be prepared by the "chef-testants".

Though I think I may tune in for the first show, at least, since it's going to be a duel between Richard Blais & Marcel Nigneron.

Click here for a list of the dueling chefs on the show (scroll to the bottom of the article).

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”
– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”